Search results

1. StanleyM

Pioneer SX-1010 Noise through speakers

I agree I just done a resistance check on the bad side. I unplugged both negatives from each amp at the speakers, positive to the + side of the speaker and negative to ground and got 26ohms on the bad side an OL on the other. I only checked the A and B Speakers and its on both of them.
  2. StanleyM

I made the checks for mv's through the speakers. AC voltage: Left Side was 50ACmv before the relay kicked in and OL after. I did notice if I touched the chassis the voltage raised to 659ACmv on both amps. Not sure if this matters. The Right Side 0ACmv before the relay kicked in and OL after...
  3. StanleyM

I watched the relay from the top, I could see it close between 3 and 4 seconds after powering unit up and it opens as soon as power is switched off, below is the pic of the protection circuit.
  4. StanleyM

Here is the pic of the Relay. Let me know if I need to take a pic of the Protection Board.
  5. StanleyM

Yes as soon as the power is applied before the relay kicks in and when it's shut off I can hear it but not as loud and only on the left side noise drains down. if I disconnect the left speaker and cut it on there is no pop and when powered off no sound there. Very aggravating but I am...
  6. StanleyM

As per below this what I did: Steps 2 and 3: Adjusted Left and Right Amps as close to 0 mv. Steps 4 and 5: Adjusted Left and Right Amps to 25mv or as close as possible due to how touchy those VR's are. I did notice that just touching them with the tweaker changes the voltage so I would...
  7. StanleyM

I just checked and adjusted Idle Current and Bias this is what I found Left Amp Idle current was 0mv and Bias was 2.1. so I adjusted Bias to 24.9mv. Right Amp Idle Current was 8.1mv and Bias was 0mv so I just adjusted Idle Current to 0mv Bias to 25mv with (Balance, Treble, Bass Centered AUX...
  8. StanleyM

I still need to remove the bottom cover and stand it on it's side. I don't like working on the amp boards due to how long they have been in the position they are in. Tight work space and all the wiring is stubborn, meaning been in a fixed position, heating up and cooling down over all the...
  9. StanleyM

I have company coming so I moved the receiver off my work bench. I have not checked the idle current but I will. The service manual says to put an 8 ohm resistor between the speaker terminals when adjusting, I checked but don't have one and there are no stores anywhere close to me that sale...
  10. StanleyM

I probed around the left amp board but no signal on any pins or resistors. I did however get the tone when I touch Aux left input. That was the input I was applying the signal too. I could not see where the lead went but I think it went to the switch board. I will probably have to take the...
  11. StanleyM

I made my sound probe, down loaded the 1k sound tone and put it on a disc. I played the sound tone into the left channel of the sx-1010 with power on and volume down then plugged my sound probe into a receiver input for cd cause it does not have aux but I did not hear a tone after touching...
  12. StanleyM

I didn't have the capacitor that I need to make a sound probe so I had to order 1. I just got it yesterday and it took 3 weeks to get it so I will be making it today and downloading the test tone on a CD and try to isolate the bad part. I will post my findings once done.
  13. StanleyM

Ok so followed the wire from pin 6 Protection board to pin 1 Left Amp. board, (green wire) it seemed tight and no issues. i looked at the schematic and saw that Q 11 2SC945 was in line there. Is that the suspect? If so should I replace it and replace Q12, 2SA733 also? Sorry for all the...
  14. StanleyM

My mistake, here I have been saying it's the right channel when in fact it is the left. In any event I switched switched the channels and it stayed on the left so that means the preamp section is good and the problem is isolated to the left board? Ok now I really have a dumb question facing...
  15. StanleyM

The matched transistors in question are Q1 and 2 which I matched on both boards so actually matched 4. I will check the voltage Left channel .001VDC, right channel is .009. I guess the easiest thing to do is try and get a matched set and replace Q1 and Q2 before going any further.
  16. StanleyM

Not sure how to check that or if I even have the equipment. If it can be done with a DMM I have one.
  17. StanleyM

OK just got back from trying the fm on the receiver. Noise is coming from the right channel especially as soon as power is applied I can hear the speaker pop and when turned off I can hear the noise then it fades. Not a loud pop but dull noise.
  18. StanleyM

Not as I know of, since I have had the transistors mentioned above has been the only issue with it. It has sat for about 4 years since the initial problem cause I didn't have time to do anything with it due to my job. I will check and see if it's in both channels. Thanks,
  19. StanleyM

I have a Pioneer SX-1010 Receiver that developed popping noise. Changed out transistors Q5 and 6 on both amp boards. I also replaced Q1, 2, 3 on both amp boards and matched 1 and 2 on both boards as suggested on a different thread about this issue . Unit has sound now but when I first cut the...
  20. StanleyM

My Pioneer SX-1010 receiver had popping noise. Changed transistors Q5 and 6 on both amp boards...

My Pioneer SX-1010 receiver had popping noise. Changed transistors Q5 and 6 on both amp boards. I also replaced Q1, 2, 3 on both amp boards.
  21. StanleyM

SX-1010 loud pops and relay protection. Restoration

Will do, Thanks for a quick reply.
  22. StanleyM

SX-1010 loud pops and relay protection. Restoration

Hi guys i hate to butt in I have the same Receiver had popping noise. Changed out transistors Q5 and 6 on both amp boards. I also replaced Q1, 2, 3 on both amp boards and matched 1 and 2 on both boards. Unit has sound now but when I first cut the receiver on I can hear a noise in the speakers...
  23. StanleyM

Sansui 8010 (771) Blowing fuses, no sound

Yep that is exactly what I have. Thanks for the pics and resistor band colors. I could not see the bands on the one I have due to being burned.
  24. StanleyM

Sansui 8010 (771) Blowing fuses, no sound

If you ever take the bottom off that unit again could you look at the power board and send me a pic of where R01 and R04 are located? I appreciate it. Mine seems to have been made at a later revision and are missing those 2 resistors and has another one in the circuit, I can't identify it due...
  25. StanleyM

Sansui 8010

Is it worth while to cut the plastic away and try to identify the bands on the resistor and replace? Or just try and find a replacement board? Either way I appreciate your help, hope I get the guy up and running!
Back
Top Bottom