Search results

1. JohnAZ

Garrard AT-6 Motor Spindle

At least you have a lathe. I just used fine sandpaper while it ran on the motor. Hence why I am looking for a new one. Right tool for the job!
  2. JohnAZ

That's a good idea. I may end up just replacing it with a Dual if I can't fix it.
  3. JohnAZ

I took the diameter down too far.
  4. JohnAZ

I'm looking for a new 60 hz Garrard AT-6 4 speed motor spindle. Anyone know where I may find one? Thank you!
  5. JohnAZ

Parametric Controller

Good info on the crossover. I have a pair of Polk SDA 2 speakers in the garage that I got a few weeks ago at Goodwill for $20!!! They sound amazing, but the wife...."Too big!" Still working on her.
  6. JohnAZ

Parametric Controller

I like it best with the loudness on. I keep the subsonic filter off. It doesn't seem to have much effect on the sound, but definitely takes out some of the excessive cone movement at high volume when turned on. With the parametric control turned off, I don't think it sounds good.
  7. JohnAZ

Parametric Controller

Thank you everyone. This helps me understand the controls much better. The charts your provided, sKiZo are great!
  8. JohnAZ

Parametric Controller

I have a Kenwood KA-52 amplifier and find myself turning the knobs on these controls more than just enjoying the music. The attached picture shows how I have it setup currently to what sounds good to me. I know this is personal preferrence, but I'm looking for some pointers on properly setting...
  9. JohnAZ

Kenwood KA-52 Idle Current

I was adjusting the idle current on my Kenwood KA-52 amp and noticed that temperature has an effect on the voltage. I'm looking for the best way to adjust it since the attached procedures don't go into detail. Should I adjust it when cold, let it warm up with no load for a while, or heat it up...
  10. JohnAZ

Todays METAL playlist

Late 80's compilation.
  11. JohnAZ

Todays METAL playlist

12. JohnAZ

Adjustable Garrad AT6 Head

I modified my original Garrard AT6 head to allow adjustment of the cartridge. I was wondering if there are any aftermarket heads with the offset connector that allow for cartridge adjustment out there. Thank you!
  13. JohnAZ

Garrard AT-6 Headshell

I have a '63 Fisher model E-48 console with a Garrard AT-6. With the stock Garrard headshell, there are no provisions to align the cartridge properly, so I modified it to allow me to dial it in on a Baerwald protractor. Why wouldn't they design the head/tonearm geometry in a way to be aligned...
  14. JohnAZ

Console Turntable Upgrade

I may just keep it after looking for a new turntable last night. I think I'd regret swapping it out. I currently have a Shure M44E cartridge installed and had to make some modifications to the headshell to align the it properly. Thanks for the advice!
  15. JohnAZ

Console Turntable Upgrade

I have a '63 Fisher Custom Electra console with a Garrard AT-6. I want to upgrade the turntable with a modern unit. I am looking for one that does not have a preamp, a lot of adjustability, includes a cartridge, and under $300. I will only be playing 33/45 records. Any suggestions are appreciated!
  16. JohnAZ

Todays METAL playlist

Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
  17. JohnAZ

Todays METAL playlist

I picked the album up today for $5 on sale. Consuming Infinity track is on point!
  18. JohnAZ

Todays METAL playlist

Abnormality - Mechanisms of Omniscience This chick is rough!
  19. JohnAZ

Todays METAL playlist

Black Crown Initiate, Selves We Cannot Forgive
  20. JohnAZ

Todays METAL playlist

Dimebag Darrell, The Hitz
  21. JohnAZ

Vinyl only spin list

Morrison Hotel on the Fisher.
  22. JohnAZ

Custom Electra VI E-48 Manual

Does anyone have the owner's manual for a 1963 Custom Electra VI E-48? The one at http://www.fisherconsoles.com/custom%20electra%20VI.html is a different model. Thank you!
  23. JohnAZ

M44E Cartridge Replacement

That doesn't even seem noticeable. Is it?
  24. JohnAZ

M44E Cartridge Replacement

I'm considering changing the M44E (9.5mV) cartridge installed on my Garrard AT6 (Custom Electra VI console) with a AT95E (3.5mV) cartridge. How much volume output will I lose if I do this? Is the new cartridge upgrade worth the volume loss? Thank you!
  25. JohnAZ

480A Bias Adjustment

Thanks for the thorough explanation. Everything is working well with the console this morning. Just sitting back and enjoying it now. I used to have a bunch of old ham radio AM receivers/transmitters and sold them a few months ago. I regret selling them and this radio is filling the void nicely!
Back
Top Bottom