Search results

1. Tonkatoys

Boston Acoustics BA-150 Series I : Refoaming

Looking to have a pair of BA-150 Series I woofers refoamed. They're pulled out and have been cleaned up. They've been sitting around for a long time. I can't do it myself, have a bad hand now. Looking for someone reliable in Boston area that I can bring them to. Lastly, I managed to lose the...
  2. Tonkatoys

Worth Repairing? KEF 103.2

Need some advice. 'Got a quote for repair of the infamous woofer buzz problem that occurs in KEF 103.2's. The quote is : "The cost to repair the woofers is 90.00 each, only when they have been removed from the cabinet. If I have to remove the woofers from the cabs, it's 150.00 per speaker."...
  3. Tonkatoys

KEF 103.2 Repair

Looking for place/person who is expert in the repair of KEF 103.2. Pretty sure the pair I own have sagging spiders causing voice coil rub. I live in the S.NH area but will travel to get them repaired. Appreciate any assistance or suggestions that you might have. Thank you.
  4. Tonkatoys

Audiokarma.org Ownership

Question to the fans. Who owns Audiokarma.org? I was told by someone today that they are owned by E-Bay. I think this is B.S. cant find any evidence to support this contention. Comments please. Thanks.
  5. Tonkatoys

Yamaha MX800

Do I need to run a preamp before my Yamaha MX800? I have an ipod connected directly to the inputs. Just doesn't seem to have as much punch as I thought it would. Although, when the front panel meter reads less than 10 watts its pretty darn loud. The MX800 has a companion preamp, forget the model...
  6. Tonkatoys

Which BA 150 is it?

Quick ID please. The BA 150 picture is a what? Late Series I or a Series II? The alignment of the drivers as a way to tell is not clear to me. The round SEAS tweet, it doesnt have. So? Any guesses. Thanks folks.
  7. Tonkatoys

Which 30Hz tone to use?

often,when I read thru threads on refoaming/reedging speakers, the authors will reccomend using a 30Hz test tone to square the voice coil. Question: Should I use a 30Hz sine 1 frequency or 30Hz square 1 frequency? Both are available on the free download "NCH tone generator". Thanks for the...
  8. Tonkatoys

Cerwin Vega HED CV-3000

May not seem like a big deal to some of you guys, but... I brought my beloved HED CV-3000's back to life. Yay. They aint pretty but they crank. Thanks to all of you who helped me out with advice. I bet I can get another 28 years out of them. (If only I would last that long!). Thanks.
  9. Tonkatoys

Boston Acoustics A150 Refoam Kits

Finally got around to pulling the woofers on a pair of BA A150's I've had. The refoam kit I bought from a place in Tennessee just doesn't look right. Specifically, the inner flange on the foam ring supplied looks much different than the OEM ring. Smaller and does not extend downward toward the...
  10. Tonkatoys

Need replacements for KEF T33 SP1074

KEF 103.2 tweeters needed. Require two. Please advise as to source of supply or suitable substitute. This has been a much bigger headache than I thought it would be. Wow. Thanks for the help all. John K.
  11. Tonkatoys

KEF103.2 Tweeter Replacement

All- Researching (without much luck) for replacement tweeters for KEF 103.2's. The tweeters in the 103's are KEF T33, SP1074's. I've read that it is advisable to replace both tweeters. True? False? If needed I will. Also, I'd replace with suitable substitutes/upgrades as well as long as...
  12. Tonkatoys

KG 5.2's

Would appreciate opinions on KG 5.2's. Considering a pair for sale locally. Own the KG 4's. Very happy with them. thanks.
  13. Tonkatoys

Cerwin Vega CV3000 SPECS

Hello All- looking for specifications and/or manuals for Cerwin Vega CV3000's. 'Have been googling to no end, can't find anything. if anyone has spec sheets and/or origional manuals and is willing to send it would be appreciated. CV website has nothing. Called and emailed, no reply. Thanks...
  14. Tonkatoys

Boston Acoustics A150

Recently bought a pair of BA A150's. Foam surrounds are shot. I can deal with that. Question I have is if there are any other upgrades or improvments I should do while I'm at it. I have on occasion seen people here talk about Capacitor replacements for example. I would appreciate any insight...
  15. Tonkatoys

Boston Acoustics A150's Refoam/refurb also comment on Stonehenge II's

just picked up a beautiful pair of BA 150's for $25USD. Origional owner, purchased in 1982, consecutive serial numbers. They need refoaming big time. Can anyone reccomend an excellent source for refoaming kits? For that matter if someone can suggest a place to have them done, even better. I live...
  16. Tonkatoys

stonehedge II's Value?

A common request here I suppose.... Friend has a pair of Stonehedge II's for sale. Condition great to excellent. All origional, one owner. What is a fair offer for them? Thanks. John
  17. Tonkatoys

pioneer speaker Identification with pic this time

anyone ID the speakers in the picture attached? Got the pic to go. they are supposed to be pioneers, do not know model number, seller is unable to locate on speakers. if they are junk please advise. thanks. Appreciate your help. john
  18. Tonkatoys

Pioneer Speaker, What Kind? Any Good?

Hello all- Please help identify the speaker I've attatched a picture of. The owner says that they are Pioneer. She says that there is no model number (at least on the back). Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
  19. Tonkatoys

Class A Kt88 Tube Amplifier + Head Phone Amp

Anyone know anything about this amp? The link for it on ebay is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180172510322 I am looking for a low(er) priced entry point into the tube amp world. I am driving either a pair of Klipsch KG4's or some Cerwin Vega VS-150's or V-3000's. Listen...
  20. Tonkatoys

Klipsch KG-4 and 4 ohm vs. 8 ohm on Amp

Yes another question re. my newly acquired Klipsch KG-4's. This is indeed a question that seems to have been asked in some shape form or fashion before. So, I apologize if I seem redundant but frankly I am confused. Thus I seek the wisdom and guidance of all the Pilgrims who came before me here...
  21. Tonkatoys

KG-4 Floor Stands

Hello all- Came across this add on ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-KG-4-Original-Floor-Standing-Speakers-w-Stands_W0QQitemZ190165222504QQihZ009QQcategoryZ14993QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem showing the KG4's on floor stands. Question. Does anyone know if these stands were sold by...
  22. Tonkatoys

Klipsch KG-4

Have a line on some Klipsch KG-4's. Question I have is how you guys think they will sound powered by a Yamaha MX-800 amplifier. On that point. The Yamaha amp has three Ohm selection positions, 2, 4 and 8. The KG-4's are rated as nominal 6 ohm. Which switch position should I use? I have been...
  23. Tonkatoys

Cerwin Vega VS-150's

Scored a pair of VS-150's (and a nice Yamaha MX-800 amp to drive them). Looking for specifications for the speakers. Anyone have a copy or know where I can find them? User manuals would be nice as well. Thank you for your help. Looking forward to blasting some Chemical Brothers on these bad...
  24. Tonkatoys

Yamaha MX-800 (plus)

Would appreciate any comments/suggestions re. the subject amp. I have a deal with a guy for an MX-800 (plus a pair of Cerwin Vega VS-150's, a JVC RX-905VTN Recvr, Sony TC-WR720 dual cassette player and a Kenwood GE-4030 5 band graphic equalizer all for $400). As I am a newbie to this, I am...
  25. Tonkatoys

What are they?

Speakers below are in a small hole-in-the-wall Lebanese place I go to. Both appear to be in good shape, cabinets appear factory made, no name plate or ID visible, they are hung from ceiling so couldn't get peek at back, no one knew anything about them, owner(s) weren't there at the time. Any...
Back
Top Bottom