Search results

1. D. B. Cooper

Hello to all and first project!

I've found that almost all of the modern receiver faceplates are at least 16". I've only got 13" to work with because of the width of the console...
  2. D. B. Cooper

Man. I can't even tell you how much I would like to do that. I don't know enough about electronics to re-use the faceplate though. That's why I was thinking of making my own faceplate out of wood or thin metal.
  3. D. B. Cooper

My weekend was pretty good

No. I wouldn't do that. Usually I'm the one being called a perv so I know what it's like.
  4. D. B. Cooper

This is starting to make more sense. Tomorrow I'll work on this more. I'll reconnect the antenna, test the speakers and tryout that input, if I can find a set of RCA wires. And clean it. I'll look into that thread someone posted about that cleaner, too. Maybe all is not lost after all... What...
  5. D. B. Cooper

OH. The Money. I don't know what you're talking about.
  6. D. B. Cooper

Thanks man! The radio sort of works, may just be antenna issues. The fella at a radio shop in my city told me that the problems with it are probably something that would cost a lot around $400 to fix. I just kind of thought, for that money, I could buy nicer electronics and make it sound better.
  7. D. B. Cooper

I was thinking that given the fact that the current tuner faceplate's orientation is "vertical" it might be too hard to find a suitable replacement, so I could just build one. Also, most won't fit anyways because they would have to be 13" or less wide to fit I to the cabinet.
  8. D. B. Cooper

What is your occupation?

Cool man. Where is your restaurant? What kind of food do you do?
  9. D. B. Cooper

What is your occupation?

I grow vegetables on a small farm. I've also spent a lot of time cooking professionally and doing whole-animal butchery/slaughter.
  10. D. B. Cooper

My weekend was pretty good

Oh, so that's what caught your eye... Hahaha
  11. D. B. Cooper

Thanks for the replies, guys. I appreciate it. Just for the sake of me understanding this issue more clearly, if having speakers and the turntable in the same unit worked relatively well so far in this thing's life, why would new equipment change that? The current turntable is on some kind of...
  12. D. B. Cooper

Hey guys! I've lurked here before and spend a decent amount of time on other forums. This one looks great! I'm excited to become member. I've decided for my first project while on this forum I'm going to update/retrofit an old RCA console. I realize that this has probably been talked about...
Back
Top Bottom