Search results

1. JAL413

Kenwood Eleven III resto and poor AM performance

I measured voltages on the tuning circuit and the power supply board. Not sure how significant some of the differences are. Can someone with more experience offer their thoughts?
  2. JAL413

Finished replacing all of the incandescents...
  3. JAL413

Model Eleven III cleanup

The dimmer doesn't work because the resistors in the dimmer circuit on the power supply board don't have much of an effect on the low current LEDs. You could snip wire 13 and add a resistor (don't know what value would be best) to make the dimmer work again. What LEDs did you use for the meters...
  4. JAL413

Checked continuity of the blue, orange, and white wires to ground. All 0 Ohms. One thing I noticed is the orange (wire is actually yellow), and white wire are soldered on to pins 4 and 5, so I'm wondering if the previous owner was trying to troubleshoot this problem as well. They would have been...
  5. JAL413

I'll have to get a list together. Didn't order everything all at once or from the same place. Will check the ferrite bar loop continuity tonight. Never thought to check that, but I guess it does get moved around and wires could break.
  6. JAL413

Thanks. I see you're in Wolcott. I was planning to bring it to Approved Audio in Litchfield for alignment. Any experience?
  7. JAL413

Hello All, I did a full recap on my Eleven III. Also replaced the dial cord, changed to LEDs and replaced transistors on the power supply board and power amp board due to an intermittent pop in the left channel that I later found to be a bad solder joint on the power supply board. Cleaned all...
  8. JAL413

Eleven III restoration. A couple issues and what to replace

Bump... So I replaced the filter caps and cleaned the switches and pots with Deoxit. I'm replacing all of the bulbs with LEDs so I wanted to try out the first one. As soon as I switched the unit on, one of the two fuses at the transformer blew. It appears that they feed the transformer in...
  9. JAL413

Eleven III restoration. A couple issues and what to replace

I've had an Eleven III for a few years in storage and have finally pulled it out to work on it. I hooked it up to some cheap Sony speakers and used it for a week or so to get a baseline. I've ordered caps for the power supply board so far. It's had some sloppy work done to it in the past. Also...
  10. JAL413

First post. Kenwood Eleven III questions

Western Massachusetts, but I'm willing to ship it.
  11. JAL413

Kenwood Eleven III questions and issues

Hello All, First post here, sort of. I posted this on the Kenwood page but didn't get a response. Trying here too. I bought an Eleven III a few years ago and have finally gotten around to starting to work on it. It is "fully functional", but needs a going through. The left channel cuts out...
  12. JAL413

First post. Kenwood Eleven III questions

Hello All, First post here. I bought an Eleven III a few years ago and have finally gotten around to starting to work on it. It is "fully functional", but needs a going through. The left channel cuts out periodically and jiggling the Dolby FM switch brings it back on (I keep Dolby off). The...
Back
Top Bottom