Search results

1. MicTod

What TT's do you folks have

I have my eyes on an overhauled Pioneer PL-55x. Don't need it but sure would like to add it to the collection.
  2. MicTod

What's Pioneer in your rig?

Chattel of the porletariat? What's that make my Denon TT, fodder of the bourgeoisie? lol
  3. MicTod

nice custom plinth. Did you make it yourself? Or is it just (as you say) an 'isolation platform' and not integral to the TT? This intrigues me....
  4. MicTod

You know, I never thought bout that. I am always worrying about dust in the controls of my receiver, but the TT? No reason why they wouldn't be just as important to keep clean. In the case of the Denon, I should probably buy a can of the air spray people use on their lap-tops, with a wand to...
  5. MicTod

That's what I always kinda thought, tho I had another receiver for years, lower in power, that did not have this feature. I wonder if it's to protect the Darlington pair transistors (sanyo STK 0050 output transistors)?
  6. MicTod

Wood Cases for Pioneers

Oh. OK then, thanks!
  7. MicTod

Wood Cases for Pioneers

The glued on wood-like vinyl has gotten old, faded and is very brittle. Both top, front corners near the face plate are chipped and, either this is not the original case OR someone before me replaced the old one because the fit is poor at the front edges: there is a small air gap showing...
  8. MicTod

All in working order? Are you a seller on Ebay? That's a lot of units to own at the same time unless you just love Pioneer, like myself.
  9. MicTod

Does your unit also have a 5-sec (+-) delay when powering it on before the speakers are enabled? I have always wondered why the unit was built with one (if it was). Circuit protection, maybe?
  10. MicTod

In a momentary moment of madness, I had given my entire audio system away to a friend a few years ago for free. Later, I got it back, minus the turntable, but otherwise intact. I needed a TT replacement and about that time my brother-in-law had one he was about to take to Goodwill. He gave it...
  11. MicTod

My 'Pioneer' is a 1978 vintage sx780 receiver. I am hoping to find a replacement wooden case for it and was led to this forum for that purpose. I am hoping to hook up with anyone who might be able to direct me to one, and I would also like to talk older so-call 'Silver Age' Pioneer receivers...
  12. MicTod

Wood Cases for Pioneers

Thank you. I have been searching on Ebay (on and off) for months. Bartertown I have never heard of. The Pioneer forum? Is that on this site or another?
  13. MicTod

New to the site Feb 15, 2018. Enjoy spinning vinyls weekly, if not daily. Still own LP's from...

New to the site Feb 15, 2018. Enjoy spinning vinyls weekly, if not daily. Still own LP's from the 1960's up to late 1980's. Oregon
  14. MicTod

Wood Cases for Pioneers

I just found (and joined) AK when searching the net for a new wood case for my older Pioneer 780 receiver. I would greatly appreciate anyone who might be able to point me in the right direction to find one, or a replica, etc. I am not certain how to use the forum so forgive me if I post this...
  15. MicTod

SX-780/SX-880 Real wood Cases

Are you still making wood cases for the Pioneer 780 receiver? If so, I might be interested in purchasing one for my receiver. I am new to this forum, having just joined when I saw your post about cases for the pioneers. Please let me know if you have a case for the SX780 available and the...
Back
Top Bottom