Search results

1. Edward Musci

Hello Darren, I see that you had talked about a Denon 835r reciever with an issue- I have one...

Hello Darren, I see that you had talked about a Denon 835r reciever with an issue- I have one with the same type issue. Did you ever figure it out or get it fixed? What was wrong with it? Thank you !!
  2. Edward Musci

NAD T751 shuts off

Hello AKers, I have a Nad that turns off after turning on. Seems like the protection is working in this unit. I did some minor checking around inside.Nothing looks burnt or out of sorts. Fuses are good. On a whim I unplugged the surround amp board from the front amp board and fired it up. The...
  3. Edward Musci

Marantz 2230 right channel issue

Update,, I replaced the volume potentiometer and all is good with this unit now. Many thanks to recommended that repair.
  4. Edward Musci

Update. Did more cleaning and deoxit work over the weekend. Seems that the volume is getting better. Now when you turn it up, only between 10 and 11 the left channel gets louder. Below 10 pritty even, above 11 pritty even.
  5. Edward Musci

Got some deoxit into the switch, worked the heck out of it. No change. Just to make sure I am not going crazy, I reconfirmed the output is equal when I send a signal into the main in.
  6. Edward Musci

Completed the cleaning. No change. Still the same. When you turn the volume up to 1/2 way the output evens out , not completely perfect but close. Super frustrating. Thanks for all the help.
  7. Edward Musci

Thank you for the input. I will do some cleaning and some adjustments. Results asap.
  8. Edward Musci

The controls seem good. No scratchy noises and they move with ease. I will give them a good cleaning in the next day or so. Let's see if that takes care of things. I hope so. I will post results.
  9. Edward Musci

My confusion is the other unit the voltages are the same. The bad unit has mismatched voltages.
  10. Edward Musci

Tom, I have thought that also. I retested the unit. There is a specific point when the output drops when the volume is turned down from 1/2 way. Turn it back up and the output level evens out. Is that issue common to this model?
  11. Edward Musci

I have reviewed several other similar situations with this model on AK. I have suspected lots of things. The confusion came when I had some voltage discrepancies on the ps and the main caps. The weak channel shows a lower voltage on its respective cap. The next question is ...I can't figure out...
  12. Edward Musci

I am confused with a marantz 2230. The issue is...at any volume under the 1/2 way point the right channel output is lower than the left. So far I have removed the jumpers and sent a signal thru the main in. It seemed to have equal output. I was suspecting an issue on the pre amp board. I...
  13. Edward Musci

SA-6500 II replacement transistors

Again to all that helped , Thank you. I reassembled the unit and it works great. Sorry if I hijacked this thread.
  14. Edward Musci

Marantz 2230 Balance Issue

Very good , thanks for that. What did you use for replacements?
  15. Edward Musci

So, I am confused. Did you replace h405 and h407? What are the OG s? Are both channels playing at the same volume now?
  16. Edward Musci

67dylan, I have the same issue with one of these. What did you end up finding to fix it?
  17. Edward Musci

Marantz 2230 weak right channel

ViperZ , I was wondering what transistor did you replace on the amp board. I am working on one with the same exact symptoms. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  18. Edward Musci

Kenwood KA 6100 right side bias rises...

Well, changed out that bias transistor. JUST A QUICK NOTE...the bias transistor that was removed tested ok. Even still I replaced it. Rechecked all resistors in the surrounding areas. NOW the righrt side bias is able to be set to spec, 20mv and remained stable after initial warm up. Amp now...
  19. Edward Musci

Yes it is. Parts are on order. It will be a few days until they are in. Will post after install.
  20. Edward Musci

Hello all in AK world, Today I have a ka 6100 that I have replaced the right outputs, the drivers and some resistors that got hot. I also replaced the caps on the main amp. Setting the bias I noticed the left side is stable and at spec, 20mv. The right side is difficult. I can get the bias set...
  21. Edward Musci

Help with Marantz 2230

67dylan, does your unit have a factory power switch or a replacement? If it has a replacement, if the unit is still open, could you send a pic of the wiring. I think I have to replace this one. I have a factory one that makes a zzz noise and the lights flicker for a couple seconds on start up...
  22. Edward Musci

Technics SU8600 no relay click on

Really appreciate your assistance on this one. You did a crazy rebuild on one. Outstanding. That is the kind of electronics work that I am hoping to do myself. Being connected with a great group of people here gives me more confidence to take on such projects. Thanks again!
  23. Edward Musci

Help with Marantz 2230

Big thanks again. It is so refreshing to be connected with outstanding people, like yourself within this great site. I should be good but I will let you know if anything else is needed.
  24. Edward Musci

Help with Marantz 2230

Oh that is great, Thank you so much. Are you working on this one ? Did you open it up just to take pics?
  25. Edward Musci

Help with Marantz 2230

Oh my goodness, that is sweet. Do you have one of the wires going to the dubbing pods. I don't know the right term for them, forgive me. Can't tell you how much I appreciate this. BIG THANKS!!
Back
Top Bottom