Search results

1. zeprok123

990DB comes out of protect but then while setting bias DBT gets bright

Great info eiraved I'm motivated again to bring it out and dust it off this weekend thanks I do also remember bulb would glow slightly at first
  2. zeprok123

When adjusting bias, the DBT will start to glow brighter as you increase the current. So, did the DBT just go full on bright when you adjusted the bias, or did it just gradually get brighter as you adjusted? Been awhile but I believe it gradually got brighter
  3. zeprok123

The DBT did start glowing as I raised the bias so until I figure it out it stays on the DBT.
  4. zeprok123

Yes it's been awhile but I'm sure i used a 75 and 100 watt first
  5. zeprok123

Sansui 9090db headache

I have the 990DB which is giving me the same headache similar issue. I have 2 different F2624 boards both of which I rebuilt and they work in my 7070 but when using them in the DB it comes out of protection but then while adjusting bias goes back into protect. I know the power supply board had...
  6. zeprok123

Marantz 2325 dubbing jacks replaced output not working

Case 8 no good either. Low volume both tape 1 &2 and buttons in or out. Tomorrow I may open up to see boards that the monitor buttons sit on and a little wiring.
  7. zeprok123

I'm pretty sure I tried this configuration but when I get home I'll give it a go thanks again for your time
  8. zeprok123

"Your single wire (orange sleeve) looks like it goes to dubbing out, and the two sets of wires (red and brown sleeve) to dubbing in." Yes this is correct. I questioned in an earlier post that I wasn't sure if schematic is correct as it shows dubbing connected to tape 1 not tape 2. Schematics...
  9. zeprok123

Case 6 tested and is working great with both DAC signal and FM going to 2nd receiver. Case 7 not so good. Volume and quality low and have to crank volume on 2nd receiver in order to hear. I'm using the 2230 (2nd receiver) as it's fully recapped unlike the 2270. Changing selector between tape 1...
  10. zeprok123

Okay great I'm familiar with snip and sketch very cool but still sounds time consuming so I really appreciate it. After work I'll try the other testing methods you suggested
  11. zeprok123

Both my marantz 2270 and 2230 work fine running dubbing in and dubbing out to another receiver auxiliary input
  12. zeprok123

Woke up a bit early and was able to test all 5. Very cool of you to do this. Is that photo shop? All 5 work good. Good volume and quality. The problem seems to be if I go into dubbing in on front and then run stereo jack out of front dubbing to another receiver aux then the sound is low...
  13. zeprok123

I'll be back at it hopefully tomorrow night. Early work tomorrow. I am using 1/4 inch Stereo jacks for dubbing other end are RCA jacks for L&R channel to DAC output. Thanks again
  14. zeprok123

For line 2 of the spreadsheet you posted status is good with tape monitor button in or out Line 3 using Dub out selector tape 1 no sound just a hum. Selector tape 2 monitor in or out low volume/quality Line 4 works in both Tape 1 or 2 but 2 sounds better. Works with monitor 0n 1 or 2.
  15. zeprok123

With DAC output into Tape 1 in rear I get music with selector switch set to Tape 1 and it works with monitor button in both 1&2. If I change selector switch to tape 2 no sound. DAC into Tape 2 in rear yields same results. Sound with monitor button pushed in or left out. Selector set to Tape 2
  16. zeprok123

Putting the input into the tape 2 out was an accident but it did work as I mentioned and believe because dubbing out and tape 2 are tied together. Thanks for staying with me I appreciate your work. Also I'm not using a tape machine only a DAC with an audio signal as my tape machines aren't...
  17. zeprok123

When I put signal into tape 1 input in back and have selector switch to tape 1 I get good audio from dubbing out. When I put signal into tape 2 in back I get signal with selector to tape 1 or 2 but volume and quality is low. When I put signal into tape 2 output I get good audio both volume and...
  18. zeprok123

I get continuity between both red wires on terminals without plug inserted but no continuity with plug. Same with both white wires so I believe that is how it's suppose to be and I am getting good sound out of tape 1 out with signal going to dubbing in just not the dubbing out :dunno:
  19. zeprok123

Best way I explain wiring is I left dubbing jacks I purchased as is with short length of wiring coming off of terminals as shown in sellers pics. I used the red wire on my unit that comes out of the red sleeve and connected to same on new dubbing in. There is another red wire coming out of...
  20. zeprok123

Im away from my computer now I'll check that later and reply but for now I noticed the dubbing in Jack and the diagram shows two red wires going to the terminal labeled ring spring. On mine the red wires are going to two different terminals not the same one
  21. zeprok123

According to the schematic it looks like both dubbing in and out are tied into tape 1 but when I test for continuity I get nothing but there is between dubbing and tape 2. Is the schematic wrong? This would make sense as using dubbing jacks are suppose to disconnect tape 2.
  22. zeprok123

I'm also getting continuity between dubbing out both white and pinkish wires for L&R channel to the tape 2 out in back.
  23. zeprok123

Of course I'll shrink wrap the exposed joints or go directly to jack terminals once I figure it out. Very tight area to work in for sure.
  24. zeprok123

This is the best I could do as far as a pic of the jacks wiring. As I mentioned before I tied into the inch or so of wire that was left on Jack's that were bought. I do know when I have the tape 2 playing and I insert Jack into front dubbing in it cuts out the tape 2 as it should so I believe...
  25. zeprok123

Those are actually a photo from the original jacks. Late day at work today so I'll try to post a pic tomorrow. So the white wire on dubbing out is to be grounded? I'll check that also. The seller accepted my offer which I was happy with as it had the wires on it. Thanks again
Back
Top Bottom