Search results

1. S

The official AK golf thread

I've played courses with wicked fast greens. It's impossible. This entire course is brutal. If they don't hit the green perfectly the ball skips or rolls off. They only guy who can play it is Scheffler. He's unflappable.
  2. S

That's how I play. I never over swing anymore. The easier I swing, the better and further I hit the ball. Amazing how that works actually.
  3. S

McIntosh loaded Barzilay console value

I don't think you'll pay less and if you do it won't be much.
  4. S

MC60 Joins damacman's lair

I'm all ears.
  5. S

MC60 Joins damacman's lair

It looks a bit pitted, but some "age" doesn't bother me. Besides sitting on a rack you probably won't see much of it anyway. Try some polish and see if you're pleased with the results.
  6. S

McIntosh loaded Barzilay console value

Many will tell you that every piece needs to be restored. I'm not one of them. I'd bring everything up on a variac and see if they work. My guess is that they do. Then I'd repair what's necessary. I think it's worth every bit of $5000. And if you like the console then that's a bonus because the...
  7. S

It's early. I stunk too my first time out. First hole I hit the flag on my 3rd shot on a par 5. Parred the hole because I promptly 2 putted. Then it was all over. Drives were all over, couldn't hit a long iron, even my best club my 5 wood failed me. But I had fun, had a few beers and I'll play...
  8. S

NEW - McIntosh C22 Mk V

I agree. I like preamps to be as simple and straight to the point as possible.
  9. S

PROBLEM HDMI MCINTOSH MX 121

The Mc MX units are problematic. When they do fail parts are often unavailable. I had an MX 121 that became a boat anchor too.
  10. S

Want to know what speakers you are using for your McIntosh Gear

If you're shopping in that price range I'd recommend you give Legacies a listen.
  11. S

You're brave.
  12. S

Cost to sell on eBay

It was done on a handshake and gentlemen's agreement. I was the gentleman, he wasn't. I was honest, he wasn't. It was not foolish. He beat me out of money and I hope he spends it on doctor bills.
  13. S

Cost to sell on eBay

I refunded his money and asked him to send it back to me. He never did. He basically stole the amp from me.
  14. S

Cost to sell on eBay

There was no warranty implied. And I sent him a video of the unit working with all the controls working. Yet he claimed it wasn't and started making issues. There's no defense to that. When a buyer makes a stink even if it's over nothing your credibility and integrity is on the line. I no longer...
  15. S

Cost to sell on eBay

True. Until the buyer dreams up problems that you have no way to verify to get a refund. Which is what happened here on BT. Then you're integrity as a seller is questioned and when that happens you lose. Either monetarily or otherwise. Often times I've given things away rather than have to deal...
  16. S

Cost to sell on eBay

The point with eBay or any other venue is the buyer and seller act in good faith. I don't sell there any longer and I'm not in the audio business I only sell things that I no longer need or want. To be honest, I just got screwed on a deal here in Bartertown. There are bad people everywhere.
  17. S

Cost to sell on eBay

I made money yes, but even at the price I sold it for it was still a very good deal. But that's not my point. They had no right to withhold my money. It easily could have gone sour and I assumed the risk.
  18. S

Cost to sell on eBay

The last item I sold on ebay was a tube amp. It sold for over $ 3000 and the fees were very high. I can't remember exactly how much but I think it was near $ 400. What annoyed me was they held my money for 30 days as part of their buyer protection plan. I was concerned because the buyer could...
  19. S

Played Twisted Dune yesterday. It was 60 and sunny but really windy. The ball blew all over but we had fun regardless. No flask for me but I did bring a six pack.:)
  20. S

It was 76 here at the Jersey Shore on Friday so went out with my daughters BF for 9. We didn't keep score but all in all I was pleased. For not swinging a club for months I hit the ball pretty well. Drives were 250 ish and pretty straight. Nothing ended up in big trouble. Irons were a challenge...
  21. S

Actual watts....who can shed light on this subject?

Who's wound up? I've heard all sorts of answers over the years. From 1 watt to 1000 watts. I happen to find it hard to believe that speaker wire, which could be as thin as 18 gauge could withstand 400 watts for a sustained time period. So I thought I'd ask.
  22. S

So if you have a 400 watt amplifier and the meters are reading 60 watt output, how many actual watts are going to the speakers?
  23. S

During various discussions with audio guys, the subject of how many actual watts are sent to the speaker arose. I've read where this number is actually very low, however there's some who tell me I'm incorrect. And that when say for example a meter says an amp is making 60 watts that's the actual...
  24. S

Best tube choices for MC225?

When I purchased my 225 I demo'd 3 sets of tubes. The gentleman I bought it from told me that I probably wouldn't hear much or any difference at all because as he explained it: "the power supplies are so good there's hardly any stress on the tube." He was right. That said I left the EH that it...
  25. S

I thought about a Golf watch but I need reading glasses to see it. I use my Calloway rangefinder.
Back
Top Bottom