Search results

1. D

Let's talk Grado Modifications

I am a Grado fan for many years, and recently purchased a pair of hybrid leather pads for my GH2's from Beautiful Audio in New Zealand. They are not cheap, $115/pr plus $25 shipping to US, but very well built and comfortable beyond belief! Silvian is great to work with! These would work very...
  2. D

lab craft turn table

You're very welcome!
  3. D

lab craft turn table

I suggest talking to Applied Fidelity in Reno, NV. (775) 432-2507. If he cannot supply it he might be able to steer you to a supplier.
  4. D

Grado Reference Platinum Dimensions

That appears to be the dimensions of the box that the cartridge is shipped in. The cartridge will fit your regular headshell...
  5. D

Consumer Reports headphone report

Grado headphones are generally great, I own most of their models. In the mid 60's CR rated phono cartridges and declared the Decca the worst! On one hand they were right, because there were only about 2 tonearms that could handle it, and they had put it on a midfi Garrard table and arm. If they...
  6. D

Tannoy owners thread

I have had Tannoy Monitor Gold 12"ers in Altec Lansing Santana cabinets since 1972. My wife passed away 5 years ago and I was able to take over the living room and put in Canterbury SE's 3 years ago. I am in musical bliss whenever I turn it on...
  7. D

Welcome Audio by Van Alstine

Welcome to AK! You are always a welcome addition! Doug Reid
  8. D

Consumer Reports headphone report

Thank you for pointing this out. I've been following them since 1965 and AFAIK this is the first thing they have gotten right...
  9. D

New Grado Heritage Series

I did buy my own pair and have about 30 hours on them. I am happy to own these along with my SR60's, 225's, 325's, RS1i's, PS500's and PS1000's. I am an addict... If I had to pick one, I couldn't. I would pick 2, the PS500 and GH-1's. The PS500's give you 3/4 the musical quality for 1/3 the...
  10. D

New Grado Heritage Series

Last week I listened to a demo pair and realized that they seem to present a more coherent sound than the mahogany models. They are slightly more efficient than my RS1i and my PS500 models. Any of these three sound great, the PS500 provides more background detail, the GH1 provides more...
  11. D

USAF Band surprises Smithsonian crowd

In Omaha we are fortunate to have a US Air Force from Offut AFB, and they give public performances each year. No matter the genre or venue, they nail it! Very competent and friendly. God Bless our US military!
  12. D

Recommendations?

Grado 325e if you prefer open back, Mr. Speakers Mad Dog if you need closed! I am assuming you have a well set-up turntable and clean records so the vinyl experience will be pleasant... Good luck!
  13. D

Good Sounding Headphones

If you have access to JVC Flats, they are right around $20 and surprisingly good quality. I bought some for my daughters at Best Buy. I haven't been there for awhile so I apologize if this is old info... They have lasted 4 years and keep on going.
  14. D

Are we ever really happy with our gear?

I have been able to build my system over the years to the point where I am blessed and happy.
  15. D

What is the name of these headphones?

Head-Fi can be daunting if you're not a member, so I posted last night and so far an expert has said that the brand appears to be 'Sonic' a unit from the 70's, but don't expect much performance. I also thought about asking on IMDB, but that is foreign to me...
  16. D

How can i check if my zerostat works???

I have had a Zerostat since they came out and it works if you are very careful. However, yesterday I received my static-draining brush from Mapleshade and it works better and easier. Probably less expensive as well, $39.95 plus shipping.
  17. D

Altec Lansing Santana's

I bought a pair in 1971, and installed Tannoy 12" Monitor Gold drivers in 1972. They still sound very good!
  18. D

Late 80s TANNOY any good?

By the size they sound promising. If they are coax drivers the woofer has a metal horn in the middle of the woofer. These would be the best, the others may be good. Tannoy is the oldest speaker mfr still making speakers since the beginning. You should look at the surrounds, if they are bad they...
  19. D

Welcome to the British Audio Forum!

Sorry it took me so long to find this! I have Tannoy 12" Monitor Golds and Canterbury SE's! I use a Nottingham Space 294 w/Anna 12" arm. In reserve is my Notts Interspace w/RB250, as well as a Systemdek IIX. I am not a frequent poster because I type veeeerrrry slowly...
  20. D

Need power cord recommendation.

Look at Signal Cable.com, their cords are spoken highly of.
  21. D

If you own a turntable and LP's, how old are you?

Age 64 1200 Lp's, 300 CD's since 1964 2 tt, Nottingham Space 294/12" Anna arm, Nottingham Interspace/RB250 both with Grado Gold1 carts
  22. D

My Dad just called me....

You also have my prayers! I hope your family is able to discover the best way to fight and defeat it! God Bless you all!
  23. D

Odyssey Stratos is back

Terrific amp and company!
  24. D

Going topless: how do you no-dustcover types do it?

A junked lp to keep on the platter when not playing, and buy a nice soft brush from an art hobby store for the arm, and microfiber rags to clean the plinth!
  25. D

Anyone ever fix a set of Grado headphones with damaged diaphragm?

It sounds to me that it could possibly be a wiring issue, but if the diaphragm is bad Grado has a pretty good reputation for fixing their phones for reasonable charges. Worth a call or email to find out, they are good phones.
Back
Top Bottom