Search results

1. trog69

ADS-910's

I love my 910s, and they've changed my musical tastes. Much more jazz and prog-rock and a bit less blues, though I could never give them up. Easy to drive and will gulp up the power. I've used a pair of Adcom 555's which sounded great, and a NAD 208 thx, which sounds even better. Haven't tried...
  2. trog69

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Feb. 24, 2018 And I love that there's an entire thread about my end-gamers, ADS L-series loudspeakers! I have L810s and 910s.
  3. trog69

ADS L810. Educate Me, Please.

I recently picked up a pair of L910's. Since I had a pair of the L810's I thought I would be familiar with the sound of 910's, but they're completely different beasts altogether. Love my L810's, though. Best-sounding near-field speakers I own.
  4. trog69

I found that the L810's definitely required a subwoofer. Once I got a pair of L910's, the poor 810's have been orphaned. hehe
  5. trog69

Photos/descriptions on connecting ADS L910s

From the link you provided: "I discovered a trick for getting these heavy beasts up on the stands: with the speakers on the floor (and ample room behind), put a stand behind the speaker and tilt the stand toward the speaker to align the mounting holes on the stand and speaker. Screw the hand...
  6. trog69

I have a pair of Adcom 555's. I think one of them might be plenty of power for them. I'd like to find a nice tube preamp.
  7. trog69

I'll look at the backs later today, but they seem to be the older models. The speakers are immaculate, but the x-over board looks like it could use some cleaning up. Not rusty, but old-looking.
  8. trog69

Thanks for the example! Yes, they arrived with both stands as well.
  9. trog69

Oh, thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed. I haven't looked at them yet; they're too heavy for me to move by myself so they're still in the garage. But they would be the passive cards. I did buy the meter cards for them, though. I wonder if that's going to make things more...
  10. trog69

Good morning. I am the new owner of what I considered my holy grail, the ADS L910's. So, I am almost completely incompetent as far as electronics go. I would love to find any photos or descriptions on how to connect speaker cables to the speaker x-overs. I also have a pair of the meter cards...
  11. trog69

I'm using my L810's as desktop monitors in near-field, and they are superb. Fortunately, I love da bass so all I needed to do was place them on pads. Didn't even have to turn them upside down like I thought I would. I would love to try them in the living room on stands, but that'll have to wait.
  12. trog69

A new challenge! What's the best system you can build for under $500?

Swapping out the sub-out means using any of the @ $100 desktop amps, but for $550, a pair of Klipsch RP-160m's and, via Massdrop, the TEAC AI-101DA desktop amp/DAC will let you play hi-res files via USB, SPDIF and RCA, a decent headphone output, speakers and a sub-out, all for $200 is a killer...
Back
Top Bottom