Search results

1. Strgazr1967

Technics 631 no speed adjustment….

I picked up an absolutely gorgeous condition 631 for $50 with the original box and manuals. Only problem I’m having is a plays tapes extremely fast. I have cleaned the pinch roller and capstan, replaced the one main belt yet even when I try and adjust the pot for tape speed it seems to have...
  2. Strgazr1967

Special SX-780 - Could use some help.

Short back story. Given as a birthday gift to me from my son. He thinks I can fix anything which is great but not always the case lol. Thankfully he only paid $25 from a friend for it. Cosmetically it's beautiful. Electronically it's in need of a lot of TLC. It was taken apart by the previous...
  3. Strgazr1967

Azden YM-P50C Stylus ?

I hope everyone is healthy and keeping themselves busy. I have a Pioneer PL-530 that I have restored. It came with an Azden YM-P50C without a stylus that I put away as I have a brand new AT-VM95E that I have been using. It sounds really nice but I have been reading up on the Azden. From what I...
  4. Strgazr1967

Van Alstine Super PAS3 questions....

I am now the proud owner of a mint VA Super PAS3. It is in near mint condition. I have this currently paired with my ST-70 with the Welborne mods. I am sofar pleased with everything about it except for what seems to be a lack of bottom end to it and I'm wondering if this is due to the tube...
  5. Strgazr1967

Erhard PAS NGT Questions.....

Evening and Happy New Year! I have finished restoring my ST-70 and I am thrilled with the sound so far. I'm also pretty happy with how it turned out. I am now on a search for a preamp to go with it. I am currently using my Marantz 2265 as a preamp for the 70. I have a very nice PL-530 turntable...
  6. Strgazr1967

Welborne Labs ST70 bias, caps and tube questions

I picked up this ST-70 a few weeks ago and have been cleaning it, going over it and deciding on tube choice for when I set it up after Christmas. The wife's decorations require I take my system out for the holidays. I have a few questions. While going over the amp I noticed that whoever did the...
  7. Strgazr1967

Welborne ST-70 has arrived w pics

I just got back from picking it up. The owner had his younger son there. A little arrogant guy with an obvious Napoleon issue lol. Settled above what we talked about as I guess the son did a little research. It’s fine. It’s mine and it appears to be in damn near mint condition. Have to manual...
  8. Strgazr1967

ST-70 ident. Never saw this before.....

I have a chance to grab this ST-70 but was curious what mod has been done. I’ve never seen one w 4 tubes on the board. Waiting for an answer from the seller. Says it sounds amazing, all new tubes and will demo. Any thoughts? Thanks! Bobby
  9. Strgazr1967

Mag 175-67 rebuild. Questions, Questions........

Good evening, I picked up this 175 in decent shape. Tubes are not the best but that will be corrected. I’ve been pouring over as many threads on this amp as I could find and therein lies a problem. There is so much info on AK I am a bit overwhelmed and confused about some things. Hoping I can...
  10. Strgazr1967

PHILCO console question....

Officially have the tube bug BAD! I have a chance to pick up this PHILCO console for nothing. Literally just have to go get it. I can’t make out the model number but my biggest question would be, is it stereo? Owner says it is but I’m having doubts. You don’t see a lot of threads on PHILCO amps...
  11. Strgazr1967

Westinghouse H-M1310B Console/Amp

Good morning, If this is in the wrong section mods I apologize and please move. I wasn’t sure. If here or members systems section was the correct spot. I was asked last night by my neighbor if I wanted his “old” console radio? It was in his basement for more then 40 years. He said it still...
  12. Strgazr1967

Luxman M12 issues... Hoping for help

I recently picked up a gorgeous setup consisting of a M12 amp, CX 101 Pre-amp and TX 101 tuner. MINT in every aspect. Powered up the unit and to my dismay there was no output from the left channel. I started the normal trouble shooting of swapping speakers, cables, checking fuses, swapping...
  13. Strgazr1967

Luxman M-12, C-12 and T-12 stack... What’s fair?

Was at a party yesterday and after talking with a good friends dad we got stereos. He mentioned he had an old system in the basement in the boxes he was looking to clean out. His son didn’t want it because it was “From the 80’s”. He took me down and showed me a complete set of Luxman boxes with...
  14. Strgazr1967

TriTrix TL or Solstice

I had a chance to hear the TriTrix TL’s at the Staten Island meet that Chris brought and I fell in love with them. I could not believe the sound came out of those speakers and their cost. That being said I also love the design and look of the Parts Express solstice speakers. The big question...
  15. Strgazr1967

Classic movie on Western Electric tubes!

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this but I thought it was pretty cool. And offers an easy to understand description of how tubes work.
  16. Strgazr1967

Marantz TT Question

I have a line on a Marantz TT 451 that looks to be in really nice shape. It also looks like a Linear tracking TT. Am I correct? It seems to be hard to google anything other then belts or stylus info for it. Would it be worth $50 if working? Thanks for the help and any info. Bobby
  17. Strgazr1967

1060 Restoration question...

I just picked up a nice 1060 but it needs a real going over. The plan is a full restoration on it. I have been pouring over threads trying to put a list together and came upon this site. Is this complete "Rebuild Kit" worth the money? It includes a new power switch and LED power light. Seems...
  18. Strgazr1967

New member from NY, Long Time reader....

Evening everyone.I figured it was finally time to introduce myself to everyone. I have spent the better part of 2 months cruising the forum and learning a TON of useful info. My current list of gear includes a very nice Kenwood KA-3500 (with matching tuner that I don't use)which I made my own...
Back
Top Bottom