Search results

1. B

Zenith C730R (1959 or 1960?) Cadmium coated chassis?

I also noticed that the resistor that exploded was connected to the selenium rectifier. What could make it explode? Too old? Selenium rectifier gone bad?
  2. B

Alright guys next time I open the radio up I'll wipe the chassis and replace the resistor
  3. B

I have recently acquired an old tube radio (Zenith C730R), and it was working very well for a while. Then a loud bang came from the radio and tripped the breaker in the house. I found out a resistor had blown to pieces inside the radio. As I was opening up the chassis, I saw a white powdery...
  4. B

Left channel quiet on Harman Kardon 330A

Thank you, It surely does!
  5. B

Alright I believe that it is now fixed for good! I plugged an old phono of mine into the phono Jacks and wired up some speakers to it, and both channels of the phono were coming through loud and clear! It sounds amazing, I can't believe it. I thought I would never be able to get it fixed, but...
  6. B

I finally found the time to do the work on the amplifier today. I first replaced all the transistors, then started replacing a few capacitors. I tested the amp through the headphone jack and the channel balance issue is no longer there! So it most likely would have been some of the transistors...
  7. B

Thank you @dlucy! I shall try replacing these parts and see how it goes.
  8. B

Thank you @dlucy! That is quite helpful, I shall order these parts soon and pop them in, also there was another problem I forgot to mention, when I plug in a record player into the phono input, there is only a loud buzzing noise, should I replace some components on the phono preamp board as well?
  9. B

Well, audiojones, I have tried your suggestion of cleaning out the tape monitor switch by working it the deoxit into it vigorously and turning it on and off quickly. After the deoxit dried off I tried the amplifier through headphones and the left side is still quieter than the right. I shall now...
  10. B

Thank you guys for getting back to me! I will first try cleaning out the tape monitor switch, if that doesn't do the trick, then I will try replacing the components on the preamp board. I will report back once I have tried these fixes.
  11. B

Hello, I saved a really nice Harmon Kardon 330A as it was being carried to the dumpster, it was a really lucky coincidence that I ran into it when I did. Anyways, When I got home and hooked it up to my system, I immediately noticed that the left channel was extremely quiet in comparison to the...
Back
Top Bottom