Search results

1. motorcityguy

MCS 3865 Integrated Amp--Now What?

Very interesting! I wouldn't have guessed this would work, but maybe this type of meter is more generic than I would have guessed. How does the indicated power level correspond to what you'd expect them to read? I'd be worried that they'd read excessively low, or excessively high. But I guess...
  2. motorcityguy

JBL 4311: Original Grill Color?

Well, I see your point, but I'm one of those boring people that likes to have my audio equipment (and my old cars) look as stock and original as possible. :)
  3. motorcityguy

Thanks! I should have mentioned that I have an original brochure for them, but the damn thing is in black and white, so it wasn't much help. :beerchug:
  4. motorcityguy

Hi. I'm a newbie to JBL speakers, and recently acquired a minty pair of 4311B's. While in beautiful condition, they have no grills. Although they look really cool without grills, I'd really like to get some grills for them. I assume they used cloth grills, rather than foam. My question is...
  5. motorcityguy

Clarify Transistor Selection AWR-101 for SX-850

I'm no expert, but I did a lot of reading on AK when I refurbished my SX-850. If I'm not mistaken, it was AK expert "Mark the fixer" (MTF) that recommended using KSC2690 for Q5 as a robustness upgrade for that specific location. Apparently, it's not needed elsewhere.
  6. motorcityguy

Sanyo JCX2900K vs. JCX2900KR

Hmmm... Is "KR" version simply the dual voltage version of "K" model?
  7. motorcityguy

Good question. I dunno... Would that make the difference? If so, that would seem to suggest the difference in power consumption rating is unrelated to any differences in circuitry between the two models.
  8. motorcityguy

I've seen posts that indicate the Sanyo 2900K and KR are "identical" except for the name on the faceplate. Apparently this extends to the rated power which, somewhat ambiguously, is shown as either 140wpc or 120wpc depending on the source. However, I've noticed that the max power consumption...
  9. motorcityguy

Technics SL-M2 follows me home...

Here's one more pic that I meant to share. It shows the rubber snubber on the dust cover. These tiny things usually get beat-up and smashed down, and are often missing or replaced with something. I've found that if the snubbers on a TT are in great shape, it usually indicates "low miles"...
  10. motorcityguy

Bill, Thanks! I'll check it out for sure. I have a number of DD Technics tables but never had a P-mount one. Got lots of questions about it for sure.
  11. motorcityguy

And here's pic of the original packing...
  12. motorcityguy

I have a hard time passing up a truly mint piece of vintage equipment, whether I need it or not. And if it’s from the original owner and has a great story behind it, it’s even harder for me to walk away. Original box and packing material, too? Then I gotta have it, LOL. This weekend, I came...
  13. motorcityguy

Looking for fellow NEC AUA 8000e owners!

Rob, Thanks for sharing the video. Did you notice the repairman SCRATCHED the meter face, as he was 'flipping' the needle with his screwdriver? UGH!
  14. motorcityguy

MCS 3865 Integrated Amp--Now What?

Bob, I ended up getting one of them working but not the other. I did disassemble them both, and think what I did was put a drop of WD40 on the mechanism. The problem is that they are wicked delicate. As I recall, the one freed up easily but the other did not and by continuing to fool with it...
  15. motorcityguy

2220 (not B) has no RH channel

Yee-Haw!! That's it! First I replaced the 3 on the RH (dead) channel. THAT FIXED THE PROBLEM! Both channels now work! I then went ahead and pre-emptively replaced the 3 on the LH (working channel). I didn't have the 2SC1815 transistors that you recommended, but I did have KSC1845, which...
  16. motorcityguy

Thanks for this tip. I see there are 3 of these per channel (6 total). For trouble-shooting purposes, what do you think of swapping the 3 from the good channel, with the 3 from the bad channel, to see if the problem follows the transistor swap? From a quick AK search, I see that 2SC458 is a...
  17. motorcityguy

I went back to adjust it, and found that after letting it run for about 10 minutes, both channels were at 7mV. This is so close to the spec of 7.5mV that I did not want to mess with it. But, as you stated, this suggests it's not an amplifier problem. Does this mean it is likely a problem on...
  18. motorcityguy

Thanks for the quick response! To answer your second question, first: No, I do not have access to a scope. Regarding bias, I followed instructions in service manual for measuring bias across R747, and R748. Respectively, the values (after a few minutes of operation) are 4.5mV and 6.5mV...
  19. motorcityguy

A Marantz 2220 (regular, not B) followed me home the other day.... It was part of a package deal on something else I wanted. Cosmetically, it's nice, and all the lamps work. But the darn thing has no RH channel. Tested with aux input (CD) and on FM. Same thing--no RH channel. Switching to...
  20. motorcityguy

Technics single screw headshell

The ones I've seen, use a plastic insert to which the cartridge attaches.
  21. motorcityguy

Thanks! At that price point, would it be expected that the plastic cartridge mounting bracket was included with headshell?
  22. motorcityguy

The Technics headshells with single screw in the top, as on SL-1300, etc.... Any idea what one might be worth?
  23. motorcityguy

This KR-9600 Followed Me Home

Thanks for sharing a photo of orig handles, showing the large bosses.
Back
Top Bottom