Search results

1. J

Fried Speaker Fans

Just found some pretty good shape black veneer Signature Q/5 bookshelf examples with new correct foam surrounds and open cell foam in the resistive port, and I'm very, very impressed. Super solid, tight box. Well-constructed drivers. The grills are a weak link IMO, both style and construction...
  2. J

klipsch...dipped my toe and...um...

I would never, ever judge a sound and speaker company by the craptastic stuff they attach their name to in this era of commodity licensing. Not just buyer beware, but buyer needs to be informed before a purchase. In this case, you were, yet you purchased anyway and are now giving a not...
  3. J

Mitsubishi LT-20/22 and LT-30 Setups

Also Ken, I'm on the hunt for one of these but don't want to pay the premium. If you want to move yours along and let someone else repair it, feel free to let me know what you'd take for it in a message. Thanks, and good luck if you decide to keep it! I love my LT-20, so you probably should...
  4. J

Harman Kardon Citation Receiver....

Thanks! The more I listen to it, the more discovered.... Some folks say the phono stage in the Citation is not stellar. It's revealing, is what I've found. Good sources sound spectacular, lots of dynamic range and punch, and clarity. Bad sources are immediately shown as bad... albums...
  5. J

Pics - but believe me, it happened!
  6. J

So, I'm a long time enthusiast and newish to the actual collecting part of the hobby. Found a receiver in my never-ending chase for the next thing that I had to go see, and having seen, made a play for that surprised normally reserved (and cheap) me. The Citation Receiver. Pictures do do this...
  7. J

Should I get Heresy's???

I just bought Heresy IIIs for a very fair between friends $700 for the pair. I was happy, at any rate. They came with boxes, are mint, and the colleague I purchased them from takes immaculate care of all his gear. If I were purchasing on the broader market, I've seen them for $300-$500, in Is...
  8. J

MC250 autoformer needed, or viable options...

Big helps in many directions, so many thanks. One question lingering for the learned and experienced... What am I missing running it this way, besides speaker protection? Is there a "McIntosh sound" I'm missing without the autoformers in line? Am I endangering the amp, or my speakers (I know...
  9. J

So what are you all pointing to? Take it to a different tech for another opinion?
  10. J

Ok, There are a few threads about this particular MC250 from the St. Louis area on Audiokarma. Here's the relevant one. http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/autoformer-bypass.789731/ I bought it for a fair price from the guy that posted about the issue. Knew about it in advance...
  11. J

McIntosh MC250 in the house!

Thanks for the help. Looking to get it serviced in the St. Louis area now, the tech I have a line on has hours that are tough for me. Any suggestions of competent McIntosh techs in the Loo? Thanks again - y'all are the best!
  12. J

McIntosh MC250 in the house!

Just picked up an MC250 for $400. Autoformers are bypassed for some reason, but they spec out ok. Got it for $400 with that issue. What says the group? Decent deal? Did I overpay given the known issue? Can’t find local McIntosh stuff to touch and hear around here - this is the only Craigslist...
Back
Top Bottom