Search results

1. K

SL-1210 Mk3 to Yamaha GT750 ?

What did you end up getting?
  2. K

Suggestions on new Cartridge/Stylus

I have the v15 type iv with a jico sas/b. At first it was very forward but smooth from the getgo. 10 hours after, sounds pretty relaxed and detailed on my micro seiki dd-8 with the ma505 tonearm. It moved from being #2 to #1 cart for me in a span of 2 weeks. The micro vf3200e nude elliptical was...
  3. K

technics sl 1400 mk2 for $140, should I buy it?

So how did the SL1400 sound vs the 1200 mk5? Might get one tonight.
  4. K

Why's there distortion with some styli but not others?

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/35532/Analogue_Productions-The_Ultimate_Analogue_Test_LP-Turntable_Set_Up_Tools I actually just read about it somewhere when i googled "phono cartridge Demagnetization" it claims to be the safest way to degauss a cart. It was 44 dollars inclusive of shipping...
  5. K

Help! Jico SAS with slightly bent stylus (Shure V15 Type IV)

It does play ok. Odds are telling me that i should leave it as is.
  6. K

It actually plays ok. Ran it through the analogue test LP. Seems to be distortion free. I was thinking of nudging the cantilever but it might be better off as is.
  7. K

Does this cantilever look slightly skewed to you guys?
  8. K

Why's there distortion with some styli but not others?

I went on a cart buying spree as well and experienced a few sibilant carts. Here's my 2 cents worth... First of all, make sure your TT is leveled. You can use a bubble leveler for this. If the styli are used, check for damage visually with a digital microscope. They are cheap and usually hooks...
  9. K

Shure M44-7 with elliptical stylus ??

Yes I'm aware that shure claims they are the same electronically. But apparently they have subtle differences. I'm not sure why but I'm guessing the windings used inside have different compositions due to the sources of materials/age. The M55e i got off ebay had sibilance which had to be...
  10. K

Shure M44-7 with elliptical stylus ??

This is an old thread but I'm just going to put this out there. I use to DJ with SL1200s so naturally i kept a pair of the TTs and M44-7s in storage. I really had a hard time looking for a good elliptical for the 1200s. The m97xe seemed to be a good match but it died on me. Found a NOS n55e...
  11. K

May We Talk Sibilance For a Moment?

Yes that's the one!
  12. K

May We Talk Sibilance For a Moment?

I know it's an old thread but I'm throwing this bit of info in anyway. I HAD a new M-447 cart which I used a NOS N55e stylus with. I called it the "Party Cart" because it was such a loud cart and great when friends are over. I eventually bought an M55e cart and sold the M447 together with its...
  13. K

Shure V15 Type II, vs Type III, vs Type IV, vs Type V (technology-wise)

Finally, someone with a micro vf3200. I was wondering if a shure v15 tupe iv with a jico sas would be an upgrade from a micro vf3200e. Would love to hear your comment on this!
  14. K

Micro VF3200e vs Shure V15 Type IV w/ Jico SAS Stylus

Hello all. I just want to know if the Shure V15 type IV with Jico SAS Stylus would be an upgrade from the Micro Seiki VF 3200e. I listen to mostly Jazz amd Vocals, i enjoy an open Soundstage and also own a lotnof rock records. More jaz and vocals though.
  15. K

Marantz 2230 phono buzz when turntable connected to power

Hey Sploofer, Were you able to fix your buzz problem? I have an audible starting at 12oclock position onwards. Also gone when you take out the rcas in the back.
  16. K

Modern or Vintage Cartridge for the Micro DD-8 (MA-505 Tonearm)

Ok will look into that! Thanks man!
  17. K

2230 - hum noise with Phono

I have that too in full volume. I think this is normal
  18. K

Hey Revox-b77, The AT150e has a beryllium cantilever and nude elliptical if in not mistaken. I bought the needle cart, stylus and headshell as used so i don't have an idea of how many hours it has on it. After inspection with a 90x loupe seems like the needle is in clean amd pristine...
  19. K

That's a fine looking weight! I just got around to printing it out. Its suppose to stop the arm from moving when floating correct? But no matter where i put it the arm doesn't seem to pull in any direction. The table is verified to be leveled.
  20. K

Hi Bob Smog, Ok we're running similar carts. Th e AT150e is its Japanese predecessor if I'm not mistaken. Where is your lateral weight located with your cart on? And are you dialled in with both red markers lined up? This is still ask guesswork for me at the moment..
  21. K

Hi Bobins08, Thanks for the comment. I believe this is the setting for the AT150e. It tracks at 1.25g and is pretty chunky relative to the m97xe. Weighs in at 18+grams
  22. K

Hi Guys, I just acquired a mint Micro DD-8 from Japan. I've been wanting this table for a while now and finally pulled the trigger. The Tonearm is an MA-505 which I read in other forums, is highly regarded. I've tried my best to set it up. So Far I've used a Shure M97xe and an Audio Technica...
  23. K

SONY PS-8750 and auto return motor

Hi Tyten Hi Tyten, I know that this is an old thread but were you able to solve the problem? I am about to purchase a Sony PS8750 and the lift and return function doesn't work as well. Please let me know if you've solved this. Regards,
  24. K

Shure m97xe vs. Shure m44gx + n35x

I Read that the main difference is in the stylus. The stylus the SC35C uses is more rigid.
  25. K

Shure m97xe vs. Shure m44gx + n35x

Hey Stratokaster, Do you think the M35x would sound similar or the same as the m44gx on the n35x stylus then? Looking to pick up another set or the m35x.
Back
Top Bottom