Search results

1. G

anyone familiar with these?

Dali is pretty popular over hear, and the Opticon series has been well received. I haven't heard them myself, but they do get decent reviews.
  2. G

My apartment system

About a week ago I did some minor changes in speaker position, and I think I've settled on a final spot for them now. I moved each speaker out about 5 cm (~2 inches), and also increased the toe-in a little bit. Stereo imaging is spot on now! I like how minor changes in position like this can...
  3. G

What’s your greatest hack?

Greatest hack? Probably buying gear that actually works with the room. In the past I've had speakers that are way too big for my room, and that can't possibly stretch their legs without the sound going all muddy. Going down in speaker size, and also getting an amp that suits them power-wise...
  4. G

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Communic - Where Echoes Gather (2017)
  5. G

Royal Thunder - WICK (2017)
  6. G

mwarlander and his room

Nice! I also have a pair of Fidelio X2 headphones that I use for gaming with a Mod Mic. Most comfortable cans I've ever owned.
  7. G

The Sword - Used Future (2018)
  8. G

McIntosh LB100 Light Box

But April 1st is still a few days away. Is their calendar broken?
  9. G

What Amp are you using with your IMF, TDL, PMC or other Transmission line speakers?

PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC pre-amp and PS Audio Stellar S300 power amp. 140 WPC @ 8 ohm.
  10. G

Are You A Fiddler Or A Listener?

Guess I can call myself a listener. If I have some new gear I'll fiddle a little bit to find a good starting point, then I'll leave it as while I spend my time listening. After a couple of weeks, I might try moving the speakers a little bit or something like that. Then it's back to listening...
  11. G

Nightwisher's Systems In "Luxman's Room" And Beyond: Some New And Lots of Vintage

Have you hooked up the MiniDSP yet? If so, how do you like it? I've been considering getting some DSP help for my system, but haven't settled on anything yet.
  12. G

My apartment system

Roon has a 14-day free trial, and I highly recommend signing up for that to try it out. I have 2 unused Raspberry Pi 3, but I've never tried to install Roon on them. It should be a piece of cake though from what I've read. I believe DietPi includes an install for Roon, so that should make it...
  13. G

Tall, thin floorstanders with great bass?

I can recommend the PMC Twenty5.23. Small size, big sound, deep bass. A used pair might be within your budget. If not, something from System Audio might fit the bill.
  14. G

Judas Priest - Firepower They still got it...
  15. G

Thor Ragnarok

@soundmotor Pure gold!
  16. G

Thor Ragnarok

Watched it my last EU -> US flight (thanks KLM), and really enjoyed it. The comedy was great! Never expected a drunk valkyrie. :-)
  17. G

Tank's latest DIY setup

Those speakers look fantastic! Love the look of the rack as well. Did you build that too? The design of the legs is really cool.
  18. G

My apartment system

This is system actually has the highest number of components of any system I've owned. The streaming solution alone is 3 boxes! I'm really happy with the way it sounds, but I'd like to cut down on the number of boxes without being stuck with outdated tech in an integrated solution. That's not an...
  19. G

greetings from Seattle!!

Welcome, fellow new guy. I've always wanted to visit Seattle. I heard they give tours at the Boeing factory!
  20. G

That reminds me, I gotta listen to Luke more often. Such a great musician!
  21. G

My apartment system

The cool thing about Roon, is that it allows me to run a "Now Playing" display on the iPad while I control the playback from either my Surface Pro or phone. I usually have the laptop on anyway when listening to music, so having a separate "Now Playing" display is handy. My iPad only runs Roon...
  22. G

My apartment system

I'd love to, but Oslo is a good 24 hour drive away from me. I'm in the frozen north. :)
  23. G

Vulture Industries - Stranger Times (2017)
  24. G

My apartment system

Thanks for the kind words, guys. When I moved a few years ago, I commited to de-cluttering everything. It was hard at first, but after a while you get into a routine. Buying a Roomba also helped, because it needs the floors to be clear. :-)
  25. G

My apartment system

They are panels from Gik Acoustics. I belive they are from the 2A Alpha series. http://www.gikacoustics.com/
Back
Top Bottom