Search results

1. P

Current Cornwall Values

Really depends on where you live. Seems like values fluctuate a lot based on what state/region you live.
  2. P

Long Way Series

Well that's awesome, I have one of those! Thanks.
  3. P

Long Way Series

Hmmm, I'll have to see if I can get it to work on anything I have. Don't own any Apple products anymore except for a very old iPad. Maybe I can get the Apple TV App on that.
  4. P

Long Way Series

I can't wait to see this. I really loved Long Way Round, and Long Way Down was pretty great too. We would revisit them before any of our motorbike trips. When my wife and I were rolling out on our first long ride together on separate bikes, I piped the song into our intercoms as we rolled...
  5. P

First Speaker Refoam Question - Double Dust Cap?!

Thanks. I ended up removing them and only using one dust cap on reassembly.
  6. P

First Speaker Refoam Question - Double Dust Cap?!

Last weekend I found some AR18s at a garage sale. The cabs were in good shape, but the surrounds were totally shot. My wife was buying a $0.50 bulb planter from the lady, so I asked the lady what she wanted for the speakers. She said they come with the bulb planter for free. lol So I...
  7. P

Roll call please. DQ-10 owners

I posted a pic of them above in my initial intro in the thread. But I'll post again here since we don't have post numbers to reference. There are more detailed images of the stands in another thread somewhere. I relied heavily on your helpful stand thread in building them, even though I...
  8. P

Huh - fitting 2/3 a beer can in that place could be the odd puzzle. Reminds me of this scene from Apollo 13 (ffwd to 38 seconds in): At least I removed the rear grates. More possible sources for rattles (I am neurotic about rattles in cars, speakers, etc.)
  9. P

Gotcha SNs are 27051 and x7059 (the first digit is torn off the right speaker, probably a 2). I would absolutely throw a $40 cap in them if it would make a big difference. I'm not looking to recoup any investments here in anything other than great sound. These speakers aren't going...
  10. P

No serial numbers, but they are mirror imaged. Buncha before clean-up images attached, including the crossovers. Look the same now back there, except much cleaner. So from what I have read on here, it might be worth replacing the blue cap, eh?
  11. P

One more DQ10 thread

I'll post some more on the other thread. They do have the foam. The rattle was the cloth flapping on the grate due to the air displaced by the woofer. Problem solved though. :)
  12. P

At the risk of reviving a thread from the dead, I'll sign in as a relatively (10 years newer than the previous post???) new owner. A relative newb to nice audio stuff, for the last few years I have wanted some Klipsch speakers, just to try horns. A couple months ago I found a really nice local...
  13. P

One more DQ10 thread

Looks great - I love that room. I recovered mine recently in oatmeal irish linen and they look great. But I had to do the first one over using 3M Super 77 spray adhesive, because when the bass would hit the fabric would rattle on the grates. Glad I tested the one before doing the second...
  14. P

High bit rate classical and jazz stations?

I like WRTI for while I work, played on my main set up through a Schiit Modi 3. Not sure on SQ, as I have never compared it to Qobuz or similar, and it's usually at soft enough volumes that I can take a phone call without having to get up to turn it down.
  15. P

Are Klipsch KG4 speakers a good match with Pioneer SX 780?

Buy them even if you don't want to use them. If they're in good shape, you could easily sell for $300. I personally didn't like the KG4s I had, so I sold them after a week. But YMMV.
  16. P

Noob Question - Sub for DQ-10s

Wow, thanks! Your thread is one of them that convinced me to give the DQ-10s a shot--and I somewhat stole your design for your stands. :) And a friend of mine actually heard your at a meet up - because of that demo, he lobbied for me to give the DQs an honest shot too. So happy I did! My...
  17. P

Thanks. I should have included my budget, which is much lower than that. Ideally I could find something (and preferably only one sub) used for under $200 as a placeholder until I can get something better in a couple years.
  18. P

I recently picked up a pair of DQ-10s and I am madly in love with them. I am running them with a Soundcraftsmen PCR-800 (205 wpc), with a Harman Kardon HK725 preamp, mostly digital music through a Schiit Modi 3 DAC. I swear I am hearing music like I have never heard it before with this set...
  19. P

Bluetooth DAC? Or not? Why can't I figure this out?!?!

Just ordered a lightening to USB adapter. The downside of using my laptop is that I have to be near my system and not my desk, which means I have to listen to the iPad while I am working. So now at least I will be able to run the iPad through the DAC.
  20. P

More playing - the more I listen the more I love this little DAC. I am now comparing Spotify to the Qobuz (how does one say this? "coe-buzz"?). The Qobuz is notably louder at the same input. But the real difference is that Spotify Premium side by side with Qobuz, just sounds flat. It...
  21. P

I'm not sure. I had the iPad hooked up on one input to my preamp, and the laptop/Modi combo on another, and the same exact song queued up on each through Spotify. Going back and forth there is not even a comparison. I thought it sounded great before. Man was I wrong. Fine. I am sold on...
  22. P

Modi 3 arrived Saturday and I was able to sneak it in past the goalie (wife). I am going to activate my Qobuz trial. So far I am not sure with Spotify premium whether I can tell a difference between the iPad's DAC/headphone to RCA, or my laptop with the Modi 3. But I was super busy all...
  23. P

My Listening Buddies

I saw the two on the speakers and thought, "three"? Then BAM! There's the other guy.
  24. P

Dahlquist DQ-10 Revival

I have Peerless tweeters in my Polk Monitor 7Bs and they are fantastic. Good choice.
  25. P

the good, the bad, and the ugly (Yet another Dahlquist DQ-10 restoration thread)

Wow, best thread I have read on AK. Thank you for taking the time to chronicle your adventure. Great writing, and epic handle. I picked up some DQ-10s a few weeks ago, and I have done a little restoration and built custom stands, and plan to do more. But nothing to the level you've done...
Back
Top Bottom