Search results

1. deedawson

Marantz SQA-2B - finally got it

Were you able to get your quad running? If so, have you used it much and like it?
  2. deedawson

2270 transformer testing

Glad to hear you got it figured out. I had been following your post as I am just getting started out just as you and felt that I had a transformer issue. Just as yours, I think I have a something else other than the trans. Good job with the group troubleshooting. You are giving me hope on...
  3. deedawson

No power on 4300

Alright , I dig a little deeper later when I get home. So if I have good voltage to the transformer but still no power, should I swap the transformer for the one I have? And is it as simple as color matching the wires to the power supply. Thanks for your input.
  4. deedawson

No power on 4300

I can't say for certain at the moment. However I do believe there were more that just 2 wires. 4 is possible. When the power button is depressed the switchable outlet powers on. Just no power to anything else.
  5. deedawson

No power on 4300

I'm not sure if I'm understanding. What do you mean by both halves? Thanks for the suggestions
  6. deedawson

No power on 4300

Here are a couple pictures of the overhead view of the transformer and the view of the wires from the transformer to the power supply.
  7. deedawson

No power on 4300

Ok, I have a replacement transformer and should have time later tonight to swap it out. Do you guys have any pointers? I am asking because there are ten wires associated with the transformer. There are 2 orange, 2yellow, 2 green, 1 black, 1 white, 1 red, 1 blue. Obviously the wires that have...
  8. deedawson

No power on 4300

Well, I should be receiving the transformer this weekend. Not sure if I'll have time to get it in this weekend or not. Very glad I found the transformer when I did. Either way, I'll update this post when i get it together for anyone who is interested. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated
  9. deedawson

No power on 4300

I know this is a bit preemptive but I found a 4300 transformer in good working order today for $25. Last resort. Just in case....
  10. deedawson

No power on 4300

I had questioned the power switch myself however when the power button is depressed the switchable outlet on the rear has power. Unless there are multiple contacts in the switch? I just checked JM03 and JM04 on the phase convertor and read 0.00. Same as for the J806 and J804 on the power...
  11. deedawson

No power on 4300

Thanks for the advice, I'll check these tomorrow and report back. Thanks for the link for the service manual.
  12. deedawson

No power on 4300

Well, no luck. I tried connecting a speaker to the receiver to see if it was just the lights out. No relay click. No lights. No sound.
  13. deedawson

No power on 4300

I hope that you are right. I appreciate the help/ suggestions. Thanks, Steve
  14. deedawson

No power on 4300

Thanks for the response, I actually pulled an old speaker out last night to confirm that but didn't get to check it yet. Will check this afternoon. However, shouldnt I hear the relay click after initial start?
  15. deedawson

No power on 4300

Hey all, I am in high hopes of restoring a 4300 quad. I received this unit free but not working. It appears to be in great shape cosmetically. I plan on replacing capacitors one board at a time starting with the power supply. However, before I get involved in doing anything with this unit I...
  16. deedawson

P800 Power supply removal

Thats awesome! Tom was right about the capacitor under the chassis. I was hesitant to ask a simple question. i am taking notes and will take your advice on the 2SD331 transistors. Thanks guys, much appreciated.
  17. deedawson

the
  18. deedawson

I am just getting started with replacing the caps on my 4300. It appears that there will be a couple of wires that will be difficult to remove.I feel like I am overlooking something simple. I just thought I'd reach out to some of the experienced folks out here. I would prefer not to splice...
  19. deedawson

Just starting out

Hey guys, I'm just getting started here. I currently own a newer Marantz 6010 unit for a home theater setup. I also have a Pioneer PL518 turntable currently hooked up at the moment to the same system. I have been on the lookout for a vintage receiver to setup my turntable with in another room...
Back
Top Bottom