Search results

1. D

AU-111 preamp and ? power amp

Hello to all. I just got an AU-111 off of the auction site and it has lived a hard life. Bought it from a fellow audiokarma member and he told me that a friend of his bought this off of the auction site as well…from an overseas seller. Well this unscrupulous seller decided to remove the...
  2. D

Effect of adding preamp tubes

What advantages and effect on sound does adding preamp tubes have? I have had multiple pieces of vintage gear from various manufacturers with a variety of preamp tubes. I’ve had a Sansui 1000a, Scott 340b, and Fisher x-101-d with 2 12ax7 preamp tubes, a Sansui AU-70 with 3 12ax7’s, and a...
  3. D

Sansui tube versus the rest

Hello to all. I am fortunate enough to have three of Sansui’s highly regarded tube models, AU-111, AU-70, and a 1000a. I have also owned a number of other manufacturers tube units, Scott 340b, Fisher x-101-d, Eico ST-40, and a Pioneer SX model with 7189’s. ALL of the models I have mentioned...
  4. D

1000a transformers to make AU-111?

Let me preface my post with a few details. I am an electrician by trade. I am well versed in caps, resistors, schematics, wiring diagrams, soldering, etc. I have successfully recapped both a 1000a and AU-70. I know how to accurately and safely measure high voltages in tube gear. In essence...
  5. D

AU-70 phono stage, caps and schematic

Hello to all, I just purchased an AU-70 this morning and I’m pretty excited. I currently have an AU-999 and a 1000a. I recapped the 1000a myself and it sounds glorious with my Klipsch Cornwalls. I have done all of kevzeps mods to the 999 except for the latest rail voltage mod. It is paired...
  6. D

AU-999 weak and distorted channels

I have quite a few Sansui receivers, Eight, Seven, 1000a, and on this past Monday I picked up my first integrated amp, an AU-999. I gave it a quick test and it sounded good on the Aux with my iPhone, but it had some scratchy controls. So I took the covers off and proceeded to Deoxit all of the...
  7. D

2245 left channel static

Hello to all, I recently picked up an unloved 2245 from an acquaintance of mine. I am normally on the Sansui forum and I have re-capped a Sansui 1000a, so I am very familiar with electronics testing and repairs. But when this became available I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for...
  8. D

Cornwall midrange udgrade needed

I’m new to the forum and I’m really enjoying my journey into vintage stereos. I have a Sansui 1000a tube receiver that I am currently in the process of restoring. In the meantime I am running my speakers with a Yamaha htr-5630 receiver, 70 watts per channel. I have a set of original large...
  9. D

1000a capacitor questions

Hello to all. I am new to the forum and I recently bought a Sansui 1000a off of eBay. The seller said he could not get the unit to power up. Upon receiving said receiver I found that the power cord was cut. I was happy to see this because it prevented any damage occurring due to faulty caps...
Back
Top Bottom