Search results

1. kubotadave

Pioneer sx-450 selector switch shit the bed

Will definitely look at.Thank you for the help.
  2. kubotadave

Thanks Larry!The switch is back in and working good.Your advice was spot on. Thank you and everyone else on this forum for sharing your knowledge with everyone.
  3. kubotadave

I’m just learning that this a common issue with this type switch My 450 had the classic symptoms until it finally quit.I have it disassembled and it looks rough.My question is does it look salvageable?Also is there a way to bypass it to prove trouble to switch?
  4. kubotadave

SX-980 output substitution

Sorry for the delay The outputs worked fine. I ended using new insulators and using the original mounts.Just don’t overtighten.Right or wrong I don’t know,but I have ran it hard without any issues
  5. kubotadave

sx-980 muted on right channel

r4 on the amp board was replaced by someone else and it was wrong value.Problem solved.Thank you for the help
  6. kubotadave

could the outputs be bad even though they test good,and i'm able to adjust idle current to 30 mv?
  7. kubotadave

jumpered the relay same results.Pre outs to seperate amp all is good.Seperate pre amp to main in on 980 right channel muted volume.Also on headphones.Could it be in the speaker switch assembly?I cleaned all of the slide switches by taking them apart and cleaning with eraser.Not a easy task
  8. kubotadave

headphones are weak on right side too
  9. kubotadave

Thank you
  10. kubotadave

I will try the headphones and clean switches better.Not sure un getting them apart without doing damage.None of the switches are acting flaky.But you never knowThanks for the help
  11. kubotadave

are the toggle switches hard to dissemble?
  12. kubotadave

Havent tried that,but i will
  13. kubotadave

deoxit on speaker switches,
  14. kubotadave

Same results on b speaker select.I took cover off relay and cleaned and sanded.Could be the relay though.You get sound but it is super low volume
  15. kubotadave

yes perfect
  16. kubotadave

Definitely in amp board.Just cant understand why i can dial in dc offset and idle current.But still have very low volume I used the 980 as a pre amp with another amp to prove in to right side amp board
  17. kubotadave

power supply rebuilt and all voltages good' protection board rebuilt and working properly, amp board recappeod and new trimmers installed. both boards dialed in on offset and idle current. outputs replaced with modern replacements both channels All switches cleaned with deoxit and fader lube...
  18. kubotadave

Thank you.I’m going to order them.
  19. kubotadave

looking for replacements for 2sb706 and 2sd746 output transistors. MJL1302A AND MJL3281A are on backorder at mouser. Digikey recommends 2sa19430tu and 2sc52000tu as substitutes. Can anyone tell me if these are ok to use?
  20. kubotadave

SX-980 Resurrection

Looking for a little advise on purchasing a 20 gauge wire wrap tool for my sx-980.Also trying to source 20 gauge solid core wire of all colors to replace cut wiring in this unit.The unit was thrown in as aparts unit with a 1280 i purchased.I have rebuilt power supply,protection,and amp...
  21. kubotadave

pioneer sx-980 rebuild

You are right about that.Everyone has been super nice and patient with me.I took electronics in vocational school.Way back in1981
  22. kubotadave

pioneer sx-980 rebuild

Hello In the process of trying to bring back a sx-980 back to life.I recieved the 980 in a box as part of a deal i got with my 1280.The unit powered on but no relay click.I bought a kit online to rebuild the power supply and the protection board.Installed the kit, and now have good readings on...
  23. kubotadave

SX-980 problems

Hi Shannon I was just wondering what your outcome was.I have a 980 that im restoring to keep also.My dc offsets are high and its in protection.
  24. kubotadave

Sx-980 pcb

Hello everyone I’m in the process of rebuilding my 980.power supply and protection board are completed.I am now on to the driver boards.Replaced the three electrolytic caps.When replacing the transistors I have encountered problems.My replacements are suggestions from Ak.The pcb seems to be...
  25. kubotadave

PIONEER SX-980 BIAS AN D DC OFFSET TRIMMER REPLACEMENT

Thank you Just placed my order.
Back
Top Bottom