1. mikepick

KT-7300 bar antenna wiring

Got it. Yes, slotted end present.
  2. mikepick

Not sure what you mean?
  3. mikepick

Up and running! Ran a test, pre-antenna, no AM signal, and after nice and clear, especially with the bar swung out from the chassis.Thanks @Pio1980 I had to splice the white wire to run it to the post, and ended up hooking up the black to the chassis as an easy ground point.
  4. mikepick

Here's a cleaner pic of the interior of mine. I now realize that the schematic has the WHITE going to pin 9, the right end post. BLACK goes to ground. I can see the solder point on top of the tuning cap where red goes now.
  5. mikepick

My bad, I should have done that. Here's a link: https://www.fmtunerinfo.com/KT-7300schematic.jpg I need to look at the bottom to see if the RF board has markings, there are none apparent on the top.
  6. mikepick

Some time ago I acquired a KT-7300 tuner which was in pretty good aesthetic condition, but was missing the bar antenna. I finally got around to looking for an antenna and found the part on the auction site, it had been salvaged from a KR-6160, but is the same part number. Now I have to solve...
  7. mikepick

KA-3500 Output transistor query

Update: received and installed the FJA4213/4313 pairs in the KA-3500 and it is up and running. Of course I forgot to order micas from Mouser so I ended up paying more to get a handful of ceramic insulators from Buy & Large. Install was pretty straightforward as I had tapped the heat sink for...
  8. mikepick

Thanks @rickl I skimmed @hopjohn's big thread, didn't see that. Mouser had limited stock for the FJA4213/4313 so I jumped on ordering a few sets. Will report back once I get them installed.
  9. mikepick

Thanks Watthour! the FJA4313 was what I saw in the data sheet as equivalent. I had already tapped the heatsink for TP-220, so I can probably fashion a clamp to hold down the TO-3P-3.
  10. mikepick

Hi folks! I've got a KA-3500 amp on the bench, which I had originally repaired in this thread: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/batwing-transistor-questions-ka-3500.821094/ It subsequently went to a friend who has a habit of breaking gear, and came back to me blowing the fuse...
  11. mikepick

Rek-O-Kut Turntables - ROK

It might do to work your way through gradually to eliminate rumble. Check / replace thrust bearing, oil spindle (I used light sewing machine oil), check / replace grommets, and you can also dismantle and clean up / grease the topside idler mount pieces as needed. I had one idler replaced with a...
  12. mikepick

Headshells- whaddaya think about 'em?

I know what you mean, I don't use it by putting my finger in the loop but rather pinch it with two fingers. I may cut it back some so that the loop doesn't curl around as much, which would be more like the ESL bakelite shell. Had to think a lot to come up with the mask pinch as a possibility...
  13. mikepick

Finally got around to trying my own version of the wooden head shell for EMT, ordered a plug w/ wires from the auction site. Nice to be able to adjust with a protractor, as the original ESL Ortofon-style bakelite head shell was fixed position. Not sure I notice a difference in warmth or sound...
  14. mikepick

Dual Owners Thread

Klaus at Vinyl Engine has written up the process in detail, which involves ordering a replacement metal part from Shapeways. I had a long thread working through the 1219, here's the gimbal ears post: Re: Dual 1219 Tonearm Movement Issues This is why the rubber ring is so important to check...
  15. mikepick

Dual Owners Thread

Me too, almost. Dual 1219 w/ V15 Type IV/Jico SAS, sounds great, works nicely after I rebuilt the tonearm "ears".
  16. mikepick

Dual Owners Thread

Agreed. He has been a big help to me.
  17. mikepick

Dual Owners Thread

From what I understand a replacement is the way to do it. I bought mine from the user mrow2 in the thread I linked, he is on eBay as mrow22 but doesn't seem to be offering them at the moment.
  18. mikepick

Dual Owners Thread

The way I understand it is that the shut-off lever pushes the little "dog" on the main cam and is reset as the platter turns with every revolution. The run-out grooves are spaced wider and so the lever pushes the dog farther, triggering the stop / change cycle. ---- One thing to definitely...
  19. mikepick

Marantz Model 15 Channel out

Update: so I had a moment of clarity last night and discovered I was thinking about it all wrong. I was getting -24V DC at the speaker terminals, and in measuring circuit voltages everything was wildly off — or not so wildly, but rather about -24V or so. -66V when I should be getting -42V, etc...
  20. mikepick

Marantz Model 15 Channel out

Hey folks: I picked up a Marantz Model 15, one of the channels is working, the other is not. It's a later model with the relay assembly but no TO-33 transistors on the heat sinks. The non-working channel will turn on with the dim bulb, but the relay will start to click wildly if a signal is...
  21. mikepick

Dual Owners Thread

I've got a few around in various project states, but my daily driver is a 1219 with a V-15 Type 4 / Jico SAS, it's a great machine. I really like this KA-50 combo unit, with a 1218 on the top. I *think* I am the second owner, it apparently came over from the Netherlands and was converted to...
  22. mikepick

Interesting thread, I've been thinking on a new headshell for my ESL tonearm which has the old bakelite Ortofon style cowling but the connector is EMT, with the pins arranged in a. diamond shape. Replacements seem to be pretty expensive when available, and the originals have fixed screw holes...
  23. mikepick

And? :)
  24. mikepick

yep that’s the one. YMMV and so on but I was surprised by how much quieter it is now, and come to think of it, I haven’t even dialed in the pressure screw for speed yet. Just replaced it straight up. Moved the other rebuilt wheel to the 45 post. my last issue with mine is howl at high volumes...
  25. mikepick

A month or so ago, I ordered a replaced wheel from the auction seller in Vermont. Couldn't be happier, it's made a huge difference on my L-34 in terms of rumble. I had replaced one of the originals with a "restored" rubber wheel, and while that was an improvement, the new delrin wheel is...
Back
Top Bottom