Search results

1. jcidave

Dust Reduction in the Sound Room

After years of complaining to myself about dust on Turntables and record surfaces, I finally broke down and added an inexpensive air purifier in the turntable area to suck in the air around the machines. Its only been up and running a couple of weeks, but I am noticing a difference on all the...
  2. jcidave

Original Large Advent Utility cabinet speakers-cleaning the cabinet and grills

Picked up this pair of OLA utility cab speakers on Fathers Day at an estate sale house cleanout for $5. They work. I have a foam kit coming for the woofers. The cabinets are fairly clean with crisp edges, no serious corner compressions and no marks in the vinyl. The grills have the usual amount...
  3. jcidave

7100 amp takes itself off line

Last weekend when I turned on the rig, I quickly noticed that the powerguard lights had latched on with my oldest 7100 amp. I checked the speakers and no sound. I turned it off and checked wires and when satisfied all was good, I switched it on again. The powerguard lights winked on and then...
  4. jcidave

Successful Ship of a Large Speaker

Recently purchased a pair of ESS AMT 1 Towers from a west coast seller who I have purchased from before. These needed to be sent to south east Virginia. Several pieces were removed from the speakers and sent in a third box direct to my local FEDX store where I picked them up along with the main...
  5. jcidave

ESS AMT 1 Towers - Completing the Collection

I was always impressed with the bass performance of the ESS AMT 1 Tower speakers when I heard them at the ESS dealer audio store I worked at in the 70's. So I finally figured a way to fit them into the speaker setup and I've ordered a pair from the West Coast guy I've bought from before. He's...
  6. jcidave

Latest Vinyl Acquisition

Was looking for a place to post this. VE has a thread like this. Yesterday my wife twisted my arm to go to a tiny Goodwill store near my daughters house. Glad we went. Picked up these 6 sealed LPs with 4 digital. Will play them soon.
  7. jcidave

ESS Heil Add On Tweeter Project

I have a pair of ESS Heil Elites in the front of the sound room and wanted another pair at the rear for fill in. I missed some opportunities for some on ebay this year, so I thought I could make a pair. I needed a pair of large Heils and ESS factory prices are going up, but I had a spare...
  8. jcidave

MAC 2100 Reconnected

Yesterday, I reconnected my 2100 which had been sitting since the beginning of the year to operate 4 small homemade speakers. The 2100 was spared after it was replaced by a 2002 I picked up just after Christmas. Had to extend the speaker wires and audio cable to reach the placement of the 2100...
  9. jcidave

ESS AMT1e Speakers from Europe

I stumbled on a sale in German Ebay for ESS AMT 1e speakers which were a special design limited edition version sold only in the EU. The ESS CEO in 1990, Joe Dallal, used a German design firm in the Munich area named Delcop. They are apparently no longer in business but they were responsible...
  10. jcidave

ESS AMT 1 Trans Bass Module

Was sifting through my foot high pile of old stereo papers with many ESS factory invoices for parts acquired over decades and found this product information from the 70's. I remember I saw this small classified ad in the back of one of the stereo mags in the 70's and sent away for the...
  11. jcidave

ESS Mini Monitor Project

Back in the fall last year when Ricky at ESS put the Great Heil on sale, I bought a pair. I had decided to build a pair of Monitor style cabinets, so I also bought a pair of ESS Monitor crossovers on Ebay. I had a spare pair of ESS 12 inch bexetrene woofers for this project. I had done this...
Back
Top Bottom