Search results

1. Dan887217

Sansui 8080 to the tech and back.

Hey guys, So I found a local tech brought the Sansui 8080 over yesterday with a pioneer sx580. I got them back today. He said he doesn’t like things to stack up and he had time. In his words of broken English the source of my audio issues were the source selection control which in turn lead to...
  2. Dan887217

Anyone on here from Nova Scotia?

Hello AK I am Wondering if anyone on here is from Nova Scotia? and has worked on Sansui stereos mainly the 8080? If I am posting this in the wrong spot take it down and PM me.
  3. Dan887217

Dual 1226 TT skipping.

Hello all, I just scored a 1226 Dual TT for 50.00 yesterday from the tech shop working on my Sansui 8080. “One owner” it was his brothers. Not original dust cover but looks nice either way. I played 3 records on it so far after he told me to lock the arm down and hit start to reset it after...
  4. Dan887217

Sansui AU555a and Polk monitors Salvation Army find

Hello everyone In the last two days I have found these at my local thrift store paid 35.00 in all. I think it was a good deal despite condition both items. The amp well I have one good channel it seems. I have only cleaned pots as I thought it was the problem of being dirty. Inside the unit was...
  5. Dan887217

Sansui AU-6600. An other goodies from trading.

Traded a Pioneer Sx3500 for this Sansui AU 6600. No relay click yet after cleaning the unit. Things I have read and I wrote down to check are: C17,18. R37,38. TR05,06. Switch on back to clean. I have cleaned all pots and switches already and it turns on. No output from inputs on speakers a or...
  6. Dan887217

Bose 501. series I?

So I just got these for free today and 2 other sets to follow they are unknown currently. Checked the tweeters they are okay. Woofers are springy rotted foam. Grills are in passable shape. I see on eBay their is speaker foam. I was wondering is there any thing Canadian or local in Halifax Nova...
  7. Dan887217

Sansui 8080 Pawnshop Special.

Well last week I paid off the layaway on my new to me Sansui 8080. One lamp is out for a meter but that’s not my worry. The sound is grainy muffled/distorted slightly. On all inputs/ sources. Dolby board when engaged using aux turns all sounds off. Dolby fm am is fine. I don’t see any...
Back
Top Bottom