Search results

1. S

TDL Electronics Owners Thread

Hi TLS80, I have seen the Elac data sheet online, yes it's one of the few sources of info for TDLs that I have seen. My bass drivers are 3021GT / 01 (same basic driver as the /03 but a slightly different impedance. I have no idea whether these are the original spec drivers for this box. Can't...
  2. S

Yes, I saw that. Shame they were too far away for me to consider the journey, but I was tempted too!
  3. S

It looks like I've mis-identified my TDLs - they are not Studio 4s after all, but "Studio Monitor m" - (which I hadn't heard of before) so the mid range unit is anodised metal and the crossover point between mid and hf is different to the Monitor and Studio 4 (2k vs 3.5k) - so I may have been...
  4. S

Quad x1 x2 connection to unmarked tape outputs

I have a Quad 34 (the later RCA/phono model) and 2 x Quad 405 power amps - I've just got a new (old) pair of speakers and due to a quirk of the crossovers I have to run them bi-amped to get a good tonal balance. At the moment I am running an ugly phono y-split solution from the pre-amp output in...
  5. S

There are a pair of unidentified, large TDLs on ebay at the moment, in Croyden. Too far away for me to make the trip and the owner doesn't know what model they are - His measurements aren't accurate (He reckons they are 147cm tall by 40 cm wide, which they obviously aren't) and he says he can't...
  6. S

So - I retrieved my other Quad, repaired the crappy wiring and glued the inductors back onto the "circuit board" and I'm now running the Studio 4s bi-amped. What a difference! They've gone from a 3 to an 8.5 once I got the right balance between the bass units and the mid/highs. Very happy. Oh...
  7. S

Hi IMF_P, Well, I'm not completely out of options yet. I've been emailing with Axel at A.O.S. - who used to distribute TDL products in kit form across Europe - including the Monitor and Monitor Compact. It's not exactly straightforward though - the Monitor Compact is not as similar to the...
  8. S

Thanks again Shiva12 - that's the same link/crossover design I turned up before - I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth! but it's not completely clear whether this is the original crossover design or his own design - you understand I want to be as sure as I can be if I'm going to...
  9. S

Hi Shiva12 - I have a vague recollection that the TDL "Monitor Compact" was sold in Europe in kit form - is this how you built yours? & thanks for the link to your TDLs - the 4-way Monitor is a similar enough design, it might help me confirm aspects of the crossover design in the 3-way Studio 4...
  10. S

Jerry at Falcon was as helpful as he possibly could be - and responded to my email within minutes, even though it was late last night - he sent me the same diagram I had included in my original post, saying it had been sent to them at some stage, but he couldn't guarantee the accuracy. So in an...
  11. S

Thank you IMF_Pioneer - I'll try messaging him.
  12. S

Hello all - (Hi Geoff, hope you are well!) First post here - very happy to find you guys! I've just picked up a pair of TDL Studio 4s - Very excited! Cosmetically they're in great shape and the drivers all appear to be in pretty good condition (there's even a spare mid and bass units) - but...
Back
Top Bottom