Search results

1. OFrank

Marantz 2285b repair in NC

I only know of Mark at BlueGlow electronics. He is Winston Salem NC. He does have a web site and Facebook page.
  2. OFrank

Marantz 2325 Transistor Substitutions.

Source was Digikey
  3. OFrank

Marantz Transistor/Diode/Trimmer Sub Guide

Hello All. I downloaded the substitution guide but I don't see a substitution for the 2SC496 (H714/H715). This transistor is used on the P700 power amp in the Marantz 2325. What substitution is currently being used? Thank You O. Frank
  4. OFrank

Marantz 2325 Transistor Substitutions.

Hello Everyone, I need some help from all the Marantz guru’s. I have read in another post that the possible cause to an intermittent loud popping in the 2325 power amp might be the H706 - 2SA818 and H707 - 2SC1628 transistors. I see that the recommended replacement transistors are KSA1381for...
  5. OFrank

Marantz 2325 Amp Board Trouble

Have you replaced H718 and H719? They set the bias level for the driver stage. If they have not been changed, you can check the bias on H706 and H707.
  6. OFrank

Remote speakers

Marantz amplifiers are very capable of driving a 4 ohm load. I’ve been using 2 sets of speakers (EPI 100s and JBL4312s) for more years than I can remember. Have never had an issue.
  7. OFrank

Marantz 2325 blowing fuse FR01

First think I would do is unplug the main amplifiers. If it stops blowing fuses then it's one of the main amps. if it's still blowing fuses then it maybe the power supply, or main filter caps, or one of the main rectifiers.
  8. OFrank

New Here - Looking for a good Marantz tech

Try blue glow electronics. He is in Winston Salem. https://blueglowelectronics.wordpress.com/
  9. OFrank

Marantz 1150 speaker wire

Get some speaker wire pin connectors. then you can use a much larger gage wire. you can get them at PartsExpress.com. this is what I have done. no drilling necessary. 'O'
  10. OFrank

What's your favorite speaker for a 2245?

JBL 4312's and Klipsch Chours II's. both sound great.
  11. OFrank

Marantz 2270 P800 question please..

Are you sure that the polarity of the caps are correct? What are your voltages on H802, H803, H804? Also check H811.
  12. OFrank

Marantz 2220 needed restored.....help!

Have you contacted Mark at Blueglow electronics? He is located in Winston Salem (your back yard). He may not be taking on new work but it's worth the call. O. Frank
  13. OFrank

marantz 2325 no left channel.

Try cleaning the molex and the RCA connectors.
  14. OFrank

Gone Marantzing :>)

Gone Marantzing :>)
  15. OFrank

Marantz 2325 restoration

I concur with Steve. The leestereo is the standard but there are other threads. When I did my 2325 restoration I researched all of them and put together a plan to tackle it board by board. Good luck. Again, as Steve said, test after you complete each board.
  16. OFrank

Rookie on a 2325

The DC offset/bias seem good enough to allow for the relay to work. Therefore, with no relay click, I'd start with the p800 - power supply board. There may be a bad component in the speaker protection circuitry.
  17. OFrank

Which Marantz would you keep?

I'd keep the 2385
  18. OFrank

Bought part from wlhd1610 - Excellent

bought a hard to find dial string protector for my Marantz 2325 from wlhd1610. The part was packaged extreamly well. Price was fair. Fast shipping. Wonderful to buy from. You need a hard to find part, check with Bob. Thank you Bob! Happy New Year
  19. OFrank

Smoked 2330 - Both Channels Crispy

Yes, you can use 1/2 watt in place of the 1/4 watt resistors. Just beware that they are a little larger and space may, in some cases be an issue. Also consider beefing up the power resistors on the board. Again beware of the size. 'O'
  20. OFrank

Hi Bob, I started conversation, but not sure that’s the right thing or if this is (still a...

Hi Bob, I started conversation, but not sure that’s the right thing or if this is (still a newbie). I was wondering if you had an extra dial string protector for Marantz 2325? Thank you and have a great day! O Frank
  21. OFrank

Marantz 2270 VS JVC AX-Z1010TN

Personally I would never give up a Marantz 2270 unless I was trading for a Mcintosh.
  22. OFrank

Marantz 2245 left channel went out while listening. Repair advice?

When cleaning you controls, don't forget to clean the pre-amp out and main amp in connections. And as others posts stated, is only on phono or other sources too?
  23. OFrank

Marantz 2325 Dial Pointer Protector

Thank you for directing me to the right place.
  24. OFrank

HK Price

I know I’m a bit late to the show, but The 730 has a modular main amp. The connections often get oxidized. Try cleaning them with Deoxit. Also, clean the switches and controls with Deoxit.
  25. OFrank

Marantz 2325 Dial Pointer Protector

I’m looking for a dial pointer protector for my Marantz 2325. I bought this receiver on eBay in 1998 or 99. It did not have it when I got it. If someone has one they would like to sell please let me know. In the service manual it’s Ref# 1431. Thank You O. Frank
Back
Top Bottom