Search results

1. FrostEOne

Advice on tube brand combintaions.

Originally purchased Gold Lion tubes for my CD player/DAC. Before I got them installed, an amplifier pre tube went sonic. Installed the Gold Lion 2 - 12AT7 & 2 - 12AX7 in amplifier. I was quite impressed so I reordered tubes used and put them in CD/DAC. 2 - 12AU7, 2 - 12AT7 & 2 - 12AX7 Again I...
  2. FrostEOne

Yamaha YP-800 OEM Headshell

Here are a some pics of my Yamaha YP-800 OEM headshells, notice the 2 piece construction, small pinch screw provides the ability to adjust the azimuth of the headshell independent of the tonearm. With enough magnification power, one can see the stylus in the record groove, loosen the adjustment...
  3. FrostEOne

Advice on purchasing a reel to reel deck.

Wanting to purchase a reel to reel deck, looking for recommendations. Haven't had one since the Teac I purchased back in 1970, wish I still had it! Thanks in advance, Mark B
  4. FrostEOne

Yamaha NS1000M Discussion

Who cares what you call the walls, this is about sound quality and imaging (sound stage)
  5. FrostEOne

Speaker Positioning

Just thought I'd mention my findings regarding speaker placement. I'm going out on a limb so to speak here, please don't trash me without trying this. Placement - I find placing the speakers on the long wall of room greatly enhances imaging, few do this, always see the speakers on shortest...
  6. FrostEOne

Daniel Ricciardo to leave Red Bull

Daniel Ricciardo to leave Red Bull to join Renault at end of Formula One season I didn't see this one coming!
  7. FrostEOne

DIY Stereo Cabinet - Stand

Recently I purchased a second stereo setup, this one being valves, older system is solid-state. Solid-state system was rack mounted, this fit great in the space I had between 2 - 8' sliding glass doors in 21' x 16" room at previous house. Here's a pic of rack setup, now residing in spare...
Back
Top Bottom