Search results

1. Ron Moths

Pioneer SX-1250 and Kilpch RF-7III Combo

Thanks for the reply speaker dude. Right now I'm driving the RF-7's with my Yamaha A-S2200 and haven't noticed any heat issues with the amp....
  2. Ron Moths

HPM-900 CROSSOVERS

Has anyone ever put the crossovers from the HPM-900 and installed them into an HPM-100 ?. Looks like both speakers share the same base, midrange and tweeter. Only thing different is the super tweeter between the two..
  3. Ron Moths

Pioneer SX-1250 and Kilpch RF-7III Combo

Anyone running these speakers with the 1250 and if so what is your opinion on sound quality. I also have a pair of HPM-100, 200 watt version and thinking this may be a better combination. Your thoughts and comments greatly appreciated...
  4. Ron Moths

Transistor heat

Transistor 05 and 06 on both driver boards get very hot on my G8700DB. Is this normal when operating?. Thanks
  5. Ron Moths

Shielded Type Wire

Working on a Pioneer SX-850. Having to replace most of the runs using shielded wire because there is not enough wire left to re-attach. What brand and make of shielded wire is recommended ?. Will Belden 9841 24 AWG 1 Pair Shielded work ?. Many thanks! in advance...
  6. Ron Moths

Yamaha TX-950 AM / FM Tuner

I recently purchased a Yamaha A-S1200 integrated amp and want to get a good tuner to go with it. Found a TX-950 on another sight that is up for sale. He is asking $200. He says it's in very good condition and looking at the photos he posted it looks to be that. Seems this model is hard to come...
  7. Ron Moths

Sansui Receiver Restoration

I have a 1980 Sansui G-871DB receiver that I would like to have a full restoration done to it. Does anyone know who does this kind of work anymore that is good and knows what they are doing ?. I purchased this beast of a receiver new in 1980 when I was stationed overseas. Thanks! in advance...
  8. Ron Moths

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Right now listening to Deep Purple on vinyl,,,,Who Do You Think We Are...
  9. Ron Moths

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Right now I'm listing to Nazareth on vinyl - Malice In Wonderland...
  10. Ron Moths

Show Me Your Sansui!

My System. Purchased the Sansui and the HPM's when I was stationed overseas... Pioneer Timer / Clock --- DT-550 Sansui Receiver --- G-871DB Dual Turntable ---- CS-5000 Yamaha CD Player ---- CDC-697 Denon Cassette Deck ---- DRM-740 Toshiba DVD Player --- SD-6100KU Pioneer Speakers --- HPM-100 /...
  11. Ron Moths

What CD Player Do You Use?

Yamaha CDC-697...
  12. Ron Moths

What cartridges are we using?

Dual CS-5000 Turntable with Shure MA20 Hyperelliptical Designer Series Cartridge being driven by a Sansui G-871DB receiver...
  13. Ron Moths

Pioneer HPM-100 Recapping Walkthrough

Well I installed the new caps and to be honest about it, I cant really hear any difference between the old and new caps. I guess maybe my hearing is not as good now as back in my younger days but it's done.
  14. Ron Moths

Pioneer HPM-100 Recapping Walkthrough

I'm in the process of recapping my HPM-100 / 200 watt version and would like to know what kind of goop they used to secure all the components. It looks like some kind of hot glue and I'm guessing pioneer did that to keep things from vibrating loose. For those who have done the recapp on your...
Back
Top Bottom