Search results

1. Jomp

Disappointment and frustration

I am a vintage audio enthusiast who is keen to troubleshoot and repair my own vintage gears but I am not a qualified technician so I depend a lot on audio forums to help me troubleshoot. I've found a lot of good and relevant problems raised and a lot of experts participated but 99% of the time...
  2. Jomp

Pioneer SA-7100 - low volume

I bought this vintage Pioneer SA-7100 from a drift store, cleaned it up, changed (swapped out) the filter capacitors, de-oxited the other boards, then connected it through my load lamp - the relay clicked and the light bulb dimmed out. I measured the voltage drops on the rails with my...
  3. Jomp

Sony TA-4650

I just bought a Sony TA-4650 from a person who claimed to be the original owner and that the amp was original. Upon receiving it I hooked it up in my garage system and it worked flawlessly. I then decided to make the mod to make it more reliable, i.e. change R313, 314, 363, 364 to the revamped...
  4. Jomp

Nakamichi BX300 - running hot

Hello all, my Nak BX300 runs a bit too hot after one hour of use - the transformer is heated up to 46°C and the two power transistors that are bolted to a heatsink 62°C. Has any one had this problem before, please share your experience if you did. I also posted this in the Tapeheads forum but...
  5. Jomp

Sansui eight with relay - weak FM signal

Hi AKers, I am an electronics novice but a Sansui lover. I need your help with my Sansui eight that has a relay - it has 3 problems: 1. the FM signal maxes out at 4 and the Mono button must be pushed in to get sound from both speakers. If the Mono button is not pushed in I only get sound from...
  6. Jomp

Sansui AU-9500 DC thump

Hello AKers, I am new here but have been using AK for references for many years. I finished restored my Sansui AU-9500 sometime ago, i.e. recapped, transistors replaced, rectifiers replaced, relay replaced, and bias adjusted, but ran into problems with DC thump in the right channel at turn on ...
Back
Top Bottom