Search results

1. GD vinyl

Shou-Out to Joseph Long

Does anyone have the contact info for Joesph? I have an AT oc 9 mc I want to see if it's worth putting a new stylus on. Thanks! Brent
  2. GD vinyl

Mystery amp Marantz Sm-17A

Hello I picked out SM-17A and can't find hardly any info on it....Anyone know much about it?
  3. GD vinyl

Ultrasonic record cleaner question....

To heat or no heat...I have heard some recommend both. Obviously any heat has to be in reason since it's for vinyl, but what's the consensus? If heat is good (or warmed distilled water) what temp is the right setting?
  4. GD vinyl

I just bought the iSonic off amazon (I got the 5 LP version) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FP9XZ9N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's $125 off right now and the reviews by others in the forum made me go this route. It just arrived today so I'll know more tonight....
  5. GD vinyl

Another perspective that was sent to me if you have an extra $1000: https://kirmussaudio.com/ka-rc-1-ultrasonic-record-restoration-system/
  6. GD vinyl

Greetings all. I was curious if anyone has experience with ultrasonic cleans like this one on ebay for $350? https://www.ebay.com/itm/6L-Ultrasonic-Vinyl-Record-Cleaner-Cleaning-Washing-Machine-with-Drying-Rack/184549002229 Seems like a reasonable price, just don't know how well they work. I...
  7. GD vinyl

Andante H cartridge

So it sounds like I can call it whatever I want! With out taking the H off and remounting it, does anyone have an opinion on whether a shelter 201 would be better or worse? At this point I am just looking to use what I have. Thanks!
  8. GD vinyl

Andante H cartridge

Wondering if anyone knows much about the Andante H cartridge? Looking on line there isn't much other than some disagreements on whether it is a Sumiko or Grace cart rebranded. I saw differing opinions that it was a grace F9 and others that said no it's not. I am setting up a table and have...
  9. GD vinyl

Upgrading from Linn Axis to something less than $3000-3500

Well a little luck came my way today. Nabbed a Linn Sondek LP12 Turntable with a Linn Ekos Tonearm and a Linn Lingo Power Supply with upgraded motor to match the power supply. Ended up putting a Ortofon 2m bronze on it which the dealer will be setting up and shipping the lot for under $3400...
  10. GD vinyl

Thank you all and yes, pity it isn't easier to demo tables. Luckily there are lots of folks with good detailed feedback on their experiences. While I won't say I've narrowed it down if have at least found some in the rage for consideration: Clearaudio - concept or Performance DC VPI Scout or...
  11. GD vinyl

Thank you all. Reading up on all kinds of different tables. One thing I'm seeing is the availability is something that needs to be considered. some of these folks only have 1 dealer in the US so not way to really touch and hear them.
  12. GD vinyl

Hello all. I am a semi newbie to the vinyl world and am currently running a Linn Axis with a Shelter 201 cart. It sounds nice and was set up by someone that truly knew what they were doing. I'm thinking of an upgrading the table to maximize the sound. I am running it with McIntosh MC60...
  13. GD vinyl

$5000 to spend speakers to compliment McIntosh tube amps & preamp

Thank you all! Many good options to explore. I'm starting the process in hopes of having something lined up for the fall/winter when I can actually spent more time listening. Someone pointed out, why change if it sounds good....my question isn't that part of the disease we all have?! The...
  14. GD vinyl

$5000 to spend speakers to compliment McIntosh tube amps & preamp

Hello all and thanks in advance for your 2 cents....I have a set of Klipsch Quartets and Forte IIs with the crites upgraded tweets and crossovers. The Forte IIs are my main 2 channel powered by a set of Mac MC60s (60watts each)and run through a Mac C20 tube preamp. Vinyl is the preferred media...
  15. GD vinyl

What's the best high end cd player that aren't crazy expensive?

I'm no expert, but HDCD is still being pumped out in volume. The Grateful Dead archivist who pour our endless live CDs every are all HDCD. I'd still go for the vinyl over the cds, but that requires some deep pockets. Outside of jam-band releases I can't comment. Can someone else comment on...
  16. GD vinyl

I saw a rotel 1072 on both audiogon and eBay for $200 when looking yesterday. I have zero complaints and from my research and this thread, for under 300 it sounds like a good way to go.
  17. GD vinyl

Thank you. Certainly no complaints with the rotel and the jump up looks to be easily over $500. The cd14 and rotel 1572 are nice but much more than I’d like to spend. Didn’t realize what a good deal I got on the 1072.
  18. GD vinyl

If it matters I am hooking it up via digital coax on the Denon to a Anthem AVM 30 processor powered by Carver TFM-35x and via analog cables to a Mac C20 pre and MC60s on the Rotel.
  19. GD vinyl

So I know this thread will be open to lots of folks favorites, but I am looking for a a truly musical player that is new enough to embrace the HDCD technology (not super concerned with SACD) and not break the bank. I have a Rotel 1072 which I picked up for $100 2 years ago and a Denon 1940CI...
  20. GD vinyl

Assistance in refurbishing Klipsch Forte II speaker stands

Did you paint these or did they come all black? I just updated the guts of my Forte II and would love to dump the 80s oak. Any suggestions on painting the old veneer?
  21. GD vinyl

I got a note you might be looking for a VU meter for a 2105 or 2505. Let me know...I have a...

I got a note you might be looking for a VU meter for a 2105 or 2505. Let me know...I have a brand new old stock one needing a new home. Thanks, Brent
  22. GD vinyl

Please help me find a new turntable...

Going to check out the guy in the UK too...thanks!
  23. GD vinyl

Thank you all...the existing table had $200 worth of work to get it up to speed. The power switch sticks and I'm told is a sealed unit that can be fixed. The "plunger" that drops the arm works intermittently and sometimes is smooth and sometimes just drops the needle. There is inconsistent...
  24. GD vinyl

Thanks in advance for your input. I was lucky enough to be given a linn axis TT, but sadly it is dying. I have greatly enjoyed the sound and look of it, but need to find a replacement. As I look on the equipment page I see all kinds and how much do you want to spend. My thought is around...
Back
Top Bottom