Search results

1. RumpyLover

Marantz 3600 Operation Question

I have a Sony TC755 tape deck set up with my 3600 through tape #1. When recording an lp as the source, when I have the Tape Monitor knob set to Source I am hearing the original lp source and when it is set to #1 I am hearing the signal at the tape deck correct? Assuming this is correct, when...
  2. RumpyLover

My Sony TC-755

So, my "adopted brother" (and the guy largely responsible for getting me into this hobby 45 years ago) gifted me his Sony TC-755 tape deck, which he purchased new. As far as I know, the unit has been stored well and seems to be in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition. Mechanically, it...
  3. RumpyLover

Marantz Pre Pro 7005 Surround Issue

i have a Marantz Pre Pro 7005 I’ve been using in a hybrid system (i.e. vinyl and AV) for the past 10 years. I’ve got one TT with HO moving coil input to the phono section. Another TT through a phono preamp is input via one of the line in analog inputs. When listening to vinyl I generally use the...
  4. RumpyLover

mrjbq

Just completed a very easy, fair and speedy transaction with @mrjbq regarding a replacement dust cover for my recently purchased Dual CS5000. Brad represented it as "perfect" and it was. Very well packed and fast delivery. Wow, was highly doubtful of finding this item but Brad came through on...
  5. RumpyLover

My Vintage Double Advent System

I wanted to post some pics of my vintage Double Advent System put together over the past year. These are the same Double Vents I used in college and into early married/family life (now re-foamed, re-capped and with replacement grill cloth all by me) then driven by a single Marantz 240. I've...
  6. RumpyLover

My Restored New Large Advents (my 1st resto attempt)

Had to share my first attempt at restoring anything hi fi. Started with baby steps and want to give thanks to my AK Coach hirscwi, who has performed some wonderful restorations for me on some Marantz electronics. This is 1 of 3 pair of NLA’s I have (originally 2 pair mine and 1 pair my dad’s)...
  7. RumpyLover

Which Marantz Receiver Is This?

I’ve seen the TV ad for Marriott Courtyard with the seen that includes the frame above many times but, do not know which Marantz receiver is on the shelf in the background. The pic is not high enough resolution to make out the model number when blown up either. I own some vintage Marantz gear...
  8. RumpyLover

New Guy From NE Ohio

Hello! I’m John from NE Ohio and have been enjoying trolling around the AK fourum my couple weeks as a member. I enjoy the welcoming and helpful nature of the group. Age 59 now, I remember all to well staring in amazement at my dad’s Magnavox Astro-Sonic console in the mid '60's as it spun...
Back
Top Bottom