Search results

1. dino74

Is this a sign on a bad power relay in an AS2100

My A-S2100 is stuck in protection mode. Diagnostics Mode is 2 blinks which the Service manual says Power supply voltage (PS) protection detection Cause:The voltage in the power supply section is abnormal The incoming power looks like The Plug ------------> Power Relay --------------> Fuse...
  2. dino74

Ad says "Mint condition" but it looks like someone drop it onto it's back.

Shame for such a nice amp, Yamaha B-2x https://offerup.com/item/detail/923430396/
  3. dino74

Yamaha MX-35

I'm using two MX-35s to Bi-amp the Linn Tukans in my bedroom. I also have an extra 35, so I decide to recap it. I got a paper copy of the MX-35 SM and made some PDFs from them. The design seems to be the same as the M-35 but I think these PDFs are better quality...
  4. dino74

P2200 VU meter question

I'm a sucker for meters but I find the P2200 VU meters to be slow. While adjusting the bias, I played around with the VU meter adjustment. You think its bad to run the meters like this? I don't plan on playing anything more than 100 Watts with this. (There's no sound other than the fan my...
  5. dino74

Another A-1 restore thread

I picked a A-1/T-1 combo but the A-1 has some distortion, its subtle but its there. It's the first Yamaha piece I have that actually has a problem. The signal generator was set to 1Khz 1Vpp. Volume at 9 o'clock. Input was through the tuner channel. DISC off. Tone OFF. Stereo mode. Output...
  6. dino74

Last month's unintentional haul.

Couple of month's ago I picked up a B-2 with Vfets that might be slightly off. (http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/picked-up-a-b2-feels-like-im-gambling.834546/) So I've been watching the local ads just in case another pops up . Unfortunately other Yammies came up and I couldn't...
  7. dino74

M-5000/C-5000

There was a reference in another thread about these on the German site. It seems they're on the Auzzie site now too. https://au.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi/m-5000/index.html https://au.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi/c-5000/index.html...
  8. dino74

Picked up a B2 .... feels like I'm gambling

It was in his closet for three years and he said both channels were working then. He had it setup for a demo but sound only came out of the right. I took a gamble and bought it for $170. Came home, hooked it up, neither channel works now .... Another project Power switch lever missing Missing...
  9. dino74

Hard is it to get B2 cosmetic parts?

Trying to decide if I want to add to the project bin. I was wondering how hard is it to get B2 front cosmetic parts (Buttons, power switch, and panel)? Do they occasionally pop up on ebay,etc or are they very rare.
  10. dino74

Just got a Pioneer PL-1000

I don't know why but I've been curious about linear TTs and have been looking to get one. I've seen some for sell in my area but I really wanted one that looked classy. A PL-1000 showed up on CL for $450 and after a week I figured I'd offer $350. He said yes, but there's one problem. When then...
  11. dino74

No affiliation. Yamaha MX-10000 on Glasgow craigslist

Ran across this randomly today. Someone in the area might want it. https://glasgow.craigslist.co.uk/eld/d/yamaha-mxpower-amplifier/6631617921.html Update: Most likely a scam... :(
  12. dino74

Is it okay to mention a found craigslist ad for a Yammy?

I randomly came across someone's CL ad. It's on a different continent and I figured someone on the Yammy forum might want it.
  13. dino74

Decided to buy a NP-S2000

I got a bonus at work today and decide to do something potential stupid. I've always liked the look and build of the NP-S2000 but its limited because it doesn't support MusicCast and/or there's no digital coax in. But was bored tonite and just read up on its internals. Dual Burr-Brown PCM-1792A...
  14. dino74

First restore effort... C-70/M-70

I previously posted about getting a B-2x/C-2x and I'm going to restore those eventually but I've never done it before. So, I ran across a M-70/C-70 combo for $150 and figured it be a good place to start. If I totally mess it up, I wouldn't lose too much. Pics below, C-70 has some scratches on...
  15. dino74

M-35/MX-35 design question.

I picked up a MX-35 for cheap but I'm having a hard time understanding the design. I see they use two Sanyo STK4863 amplifiers. Each STK4863 has two amps. There is a switch on the back for 2ch versus 4ch. From the schematic, it seems the switch does two things: Change the taps on the transformer...
  16. dino74

Help identifying a unit

I can't figure out what the top piece is. Any ideas?
  17. dino74

Just picked up a B-2x/C-2x combo.

Wasn't looking for it but happened to come across it and talked him down to $500. Not sure yet how I'm going to use them. Any quick preventative maintenance tips?
Back
Top Bottom