What CD Player Do You Use?

Arcam Alpha Plus into Topping E30 DAC.
  2. N

What's Pioneer in your rig?

3. N

What's Pioneer in your rig?

4. N

SX-1010 project

Can I ask what other hifi components you are using with the 1010? Source? Speakers? Thank you.
  5. N

SX450 with some younger units.

Monitor Audio Bronze 5s.
  6. N

Led lights now in. All done, really pleased.sounds really nice. I also stripped back the end panels and painted them black.
  7. N

Installing a speaker proetection relay on Pioneer receiver

Thanks for your comments so far, I will look at the snubber option on the mains switch. Yes, the main caps have been replaced.
  8. N

Late 70s Pioneer SX450 at heart of my new system. Recapped, awaiting new fascia bulbs. Sounds beautiful for such a cheap receiver. The turntable is a Rega P1 running through a Project Tube Box 2 valve preamp into the Pioneers Tape In . Onkyo CD player to keep the rest of the family happy. Ive...
  9. N

Fleetwood Mac fires Lindsey Buckingham?

News is that Neil Finn is taking his place on the tour, along with Tom Pettys guitarist.
  10. N

Hello from England

Thanks for all the welcome comments. In my youth, about 35 years ago, I was heavily into Hifi and electronics. Im getting back into it more now after a full career and family in between times. Im restoring a SX450 Pioneer at the moment, cant belive the sound i get from this thing after the...
  11. N

Installing a speaker proetection relay on Pioneer receiver

Hi all I am almost complete in my resto of a cheap SX450. Gone really well and is sounded immense for a 15 w job. Beautiful deep sound since a total recap and reflow of joints and power transistors reseated. Im wondering if anyone has installed a speaker protection mod to a Pioneer? Im...
  12. N

Hello from England

Starting on a resto job on my Pioneer SX450 - many thanks to DLucy for help so far!!!
  13. N

Recapping, Rebuilding, Restoring, Rest-o-modding... a Pioneer SX-450 receiver

Had an hour tiday to take a peek inside the 450 I’ve bought for silly few quid Here in UK. It’s a Korean build and as you can see the notorious power switch is different from the ones I’ve seen before.looks a little more robust. I will see how it fairs and consider an upgrade later. Given it a...
Back
Top Bottom