Search results

1. MJ1951

Garrard Type A II Tonearm index issue

I almost forgot. when I acquired the TT the tonearm was loose, started to fall out of the housing. I saw that the lock screw that held it in place was loose and I tightened it. I have done several adjustments to this since the problem surfaced but it seems right. But that might be where the...
  2. MJ1951

Thank you again! The adjustment screw at the base of the arm controls both the set down on the LP and where it stops on the rest. As you adjust for one the other is changed also. The photo you attached is for a Type A, here is one for the Type A Mk II. Just about the same, a few minor changes. I...
  3. MJ1951

If I am understanding the first part of your response, there is an adjustment screw under the tonearm that controls where it sets down, at least in the instructions that is how it is described. I will check for the rubber/plastic sleeve but I do not think I have seen that on either TT.
  4. MJ1951

I am hoping that someone with more experience working on this model Garrard TT can help me solve a problem. I have de greased, cleaned and re-lubricated the turntable. I have installed a rebuilt idler wheel from VOM and have adjusted the motor spindle so that I am almost dead on for speed. The...
  5. MJ1951

Pickering Cartridge Help

Thank you both for your responses. I was able to order a stylus and it will go into reserve for the next TT I pick up without a cart.
  6. MJ1951

Pickering Cartridge Help

I purchased a used Technics SL B35 with this Pickering cartridge (no stylus). Other than the "Pickering" tag on the top it has no other identifying numbers. Any help with a model # would be greatly appreciated.
  7. MJ1951

Dual 1219 Tonearm Replacement

Thank you, now the quest begins, really wish Organdonor was still active.
  8. MJ1951

Dual 1219 Tonearm Replacement

I own a Dual 1219 that has a bent tonearm that I need to replace. Currently failing to find a replacement for it. Are there any other Dual turntables that used the same tonearm that I can replace it with?
  9. MJ1951

Webcor ST-180 Receiver

Well I can now join what appears to be an exclusive club for the owners of these great receivers. I just picked up one this weekend at an estate sale in Dallas, $20 out the door and I was there several hours after they opened. I guess because it was not a "brand" name it was passed over. It was...
  10. MJ1951

Tandberg 3001A

Ok, I thought I should post some pics so you can see what is going on. Everything appears to be working, pre-set buttons will have to be installed, but that can wait for a bit. Really sounds nice and picks up the UNT Jazz station in Denton, 45 miles away crystal clear. I just wish I could have...
  11. MJ1951

Yamaha YP-701

Okay, that was the problem. I switched out the ADC headshell, cartridge and stylus with a Technics headshell, Stanton cart and stylus and the volume is back to normal. Thank you for the insight into the problem, no telling where I would have gone with it, but it probably would involve a lot more...
  12. MJ1951

Yamaha YP-701

Hmmm That is a great question, no markings on it. It's a silver body in a black plastic mounting with open screw holes. I might have been going about this wrong, I have some other headshells and carts I am going to try to see if the problem is still there. Thank you for that insight!
  13. MJ1951

Yamaha YP-701

I have this plugged into the phono inputs on a Pioneer SX-780 , which works with other TT's. It's clear just quieter than other TT's Do you think a preamp would make a difference? If so, any suggestions on which one, never had this issue before.
  14. MJ1951

Yamaha YP-701

I recently acquired a YP-701. Looks great very clean. Needed a new belt, headshell, cartridge and stylus. Have the belt and found a ADC headshell with a ADC cart and stylus in with extra stuff I seem to save. Balanced the tonearm, set the tracking and it works great.....except it is really...
  15. MJ1951

Yamaha YP-701 Issues

Hi, I also have a YP-701 that I recently acquired, not with this issue. I am assuming that you removed the platter and checked it with a level. If not that might be a start. Is it possible that there is something on the base that is causing it to rise? of you remove the platter and when you...
  16. MJ1951

Tandberg 3001A

Just a quick update. I received the power cord and preset button kit, plugged it in and everything works, lights up and moves. Next up, find an antenna and hook it up to an amp for some sounds.
  17. MJ1951

Tandberg 3001A

Thank you! Also, thank you for posting the pics, mine is the same, black anodized chassis and cabinet. When I opened it up and saw the two large blobs of glue like material, I thought something had leaked, so I am assured that they are part of the build. Mine is very dusty inside and appears to...
  18. MJ1951

Tandberg 3001A

I managed to find a Tandberg 3001A at a local GW. If was $9.99 and with veteran discount it came to $7.49. No power cord, so I rolled the dice and bought it. I ordered the power cord and preset switch replacement kit from packret014, AK jdurbin1. I found that the station indicator would not move...
  19. MJ1951

SX-580 Phono Hum/buzz

I know that this is an old thread, but I hate a unsolved mystery. Was this problem ever solved? I have the same unit with the same problem. Went thru all of the suggestions previously mentioned and the hum is still there. Initially it was very loud. I used some MG Chemical contact cleaner on the...
  20. MJ1951

Sherwood S-7310 manual and Dynaquad opinions

I have a G-6700, 9090 and a 9090B. The 9090's are in the queue for restoration at some point in the future. I have almost never seen any tube gear that was either affordable or not totally trashed until 2 weeks ago. At an estate sale I found a PACO SA-40 tube amp, PACO ST-45 am/fm tuner, PACO...
  21. MJ1951

It was the first Sherwood that I would in the Dallas area. Lots of Pioneers, Marantz and Sansui's but the vintage Sherwood's and Fishers are less common. I know what you mean about the simulated wood case. Kenwood was big on that you had the option to add the case and a lot of the ones that I...
  22. MJ1951

I bit the bullet and bought the replacement pot. I had my more technically proficient neighbor do the install, it sounds and works great. I also have a Fisher 495 Quad that works great except for a "quiet" FM issue.
  23. MJ1951

Kenwood KR 3130

I just ordered two from Dave. I did give the LED option a thought but would like to try and stay as close to original as I can. I will keep you all in the loop as the story unfolds.
  24. MJ1951

Kenwood KR 3130

I will have my friend check that. I think that I did it and there was a difference but memory might be playing tricks. I will reclean the switches and give them an extra squirt of cleaner.
  25. MJ1951

Kenwood KR 3130

I did hear back from Dave and not having a parts number his suggestion is a 8v/50ma lamp, either with bare wire leads or with wire leads, which is consistent with units from this era.
Back
Top Bottom