Search results

1. Head Tech

Current Crop of R-2R DACs

Dan, I have. Metrum Pavane, Adagio w/o volume control, and I have a Morpheus on the way. Can you give us a comparison in sound quality between your Morpheus and your sons Adagio?
  2. Head Tech

Thinking of getting a tube amp but...

Can't argue with you there that's why when my new interconnects and power cable come in the Primaluna is going on the top shelf.
  3. Head Tech

Have you seen the inside of a Primaluna Dialogue / HP power amplifier? If not I encourage you to. Side note: those BIG $$$ Apple products are made in China as well as many others. Glitter and Gold. Even some of the greatest companies in the world are greedy as hell.
  4. Head Tech

I agree. Just look at the lack of quality in items found in Walmart. and then there are things like this. Built like a tank and just about as heavy.
  5. Head Tech

Advent Maestro crossover schematic

Hi Pete, Im John your Massachusettes neighbor. Quick question on this old thread, as I own Advent Maestros from brand new. I had my XO's recapped with Clarity PX and refoamed. What advantage or disadvantage if lets say I reverse polarity at the woofer ( consistent with the other drivers ) then...
  6. Head Tech

Sansui RZ9500 AV

I've owned a rz9500 AV since new (1990 ish) 5 channel Dolby prologic. It was voted most innovative receiver of the year. I forgot by which publication. Anyway I've been using it for 2 channel music for years. Other than having, I believe, transistors replaced when it was repaired in the late...
  7. Head Tech

What's British in your system?

Musical Fidelity M2SI
  8. Head Tech

Best integrated amp under $1000?

Yes Poet,I agree with you. It will change a little over time. I should clarify. I live in an apartment in a multi family home. So I must keep the volume down. That being said, tone controls will fill the lack of bass at low volume levels. I'm using vintage Advent speakers that I had the...
  9. Head Tech

This is blue jean brand 14 4 cable which I will be using to make custom speaker wire, once my banana plugs and expandable braided jacket comes in. I will post the results when I make them
  10. Head Tech

By the way here is the way that Musical Fidelity products are packaged... Yes those are white gloves and and yes that is a black velvet bag. And also yes they come in the Box.
  11. Head Tech

So this bad Larry came in today... Musical Fidelity M2SI...76 wpc 8ohms, 137 wpc 4ohms. From what I have read it needs about 50 to 100 hours of burning in time to really sound the way it will sound. First impression beautiful wide soundstage. But I have to tell you coming from a vintage Sansui I...
  12. Head Tech

Show Me Your Sansui!

RZ9500 AV
  13. Head Tech

I couldn't pass up a better than commercial quality product at that savings. It has preamp outs...

I couldn't pass up a better than commercial quality product at that savings. It has preamp outs if I decide on a dedicated to channel Poweramp in the future. And lastly on this wave of upgrades I ordered some 14-4 wire and expandable braided Loom along with some nice gold locking banana plugs...
  14. Head Tech

While I was at it I ordered a Musical Fidelity integrated amp. I decided to go without the DAC...

While I was at it I ordered a Musical Fidelity integrated amp. I decided to go without the DAC and phono built-in. Just discrete preamp and amplifier. It is regularly a thousand dollars. Upscale audio is selling them right now for $600.
  15. Head Tech

I'm digging my table. I wouldn't believe that tone arm wiring would make that kind of a...

I'm digging my table. I wouldn't believe that tone arm wiring would make that kind of a difference if I didn't hear it myself. I think the quality of that headshell is really solid. I just ordered a new audio rack. The glass on my old one was resonating and I believe my stylist was picking it up.
  16. Head Tech

Barter Town? Do tell
  17. Head Tech

Wow...that A5 is a beast. Handsome amp too. 250 wpc is too much for my needs. I live in an apartment. I'm currently using my vintage 100 wpc Sansui. With my external phono preamp set at 46 db, and the Sansui with a volume dial of 30. I rarely put it as high as 5. That being said, there are some...
  18. Head Tech

Hi. I am in the market for an intergrated. I have been doing some extensive research. I landed on the Yamaha as801. I like this model due to its features and the build quality. However surfing through some audio phile message boards, I find that maybe I can find a unit of similar build and...
  19. Head Tech

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

Well, things just got real interesting. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't hear it with my own ears. Now I'm not saying it sounds like they went out and got a high-end tube amplifier. What I will say it's now allowing me to truly hear what I have. I started off by listening to some of my newer...
  20. Head Tech

Well that was a lot of fun, thank God for magnification. And Nick I appreciate that video. I have actually seen that before. Using a square to align the top and bottom notches is a great idea. After a painstaking alignment process. I put on a new 200 Gram Stevie Ray Vaughan. Then a very old John...
  21. Head Tech

I'm glad you can appreciate the all pumped up part of it. I put the bearing aside for now and here is where I'm at.
  22. Head Tech

...update... I can't find a snap ring big enough to fit the spindle and small enough to fit inside of the recess in the new thrust plate. Upon further inspection of the kab website, it seems there is a note hidden in the more information area that you can click on in the description. I got to...
  23. Head Tech

Good morning Nick... I am starting to install the upgrades to My sl 1200 and the first thing that I noticed is the new bearing thrust plate pushes the spindle further up toward the top of the platter. Because this bearing is the type with the plastic gear instead of just the snap ring, as the...
Back
Top Bottom