Search results

1. Pete959

upgrading my cd player, suggestions? and should I use a dac?

Just thinking about upgrading my cd player to somthing newer currently useing an old sony cdp-291 was thinking about a pioneer pd-10ae any thoughts? was also thinking maybe looking for somthing that would play sacd's. and would i get better sound quality if I ran it into a dac first? anyway...
  2. Pete959

opinions on Cambridge A60 should I stay or Replace

Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on my Cambridge A60 intigrated amp. I inherited it a few years ago from my grandfather. I know it's a high quality amp but just thinking of maybe getting something different. kinda started falling in love with the Teac ax-501(but that's pearly on design but...
  3. Pete959

Tape inputs(are they anything special) or are aux inputs ok?

Just thinking about maybe getting a new amp but don't see as many with tape inputs. Is there anything special about tape inputs like there is with phono inputs or am I ok with just plugging my deck into an aux port?
  4. Pete959

which one of my tape decks is best...

Just looking for any input on my four tape decks and maybe which one would be the best one( for listening to cassettes not looking at doing any recording). Anyway they are: Denon drw-585(curently using) Teac V-5RX Sanyo RD S30 Fisher CR-125 Thanks Pete
  5. Pete959

help in choosing a cartridge (for a Pioneer pl-4)

so after some responses to my other threads looks like i'm going to get one of my dads old pl-4's up and running. Just wondering about what would be a good choice to upgrade the cartridge? I don't know much about choosing them? My dad just talks about Grados being a good brand and that is what I...
  6. Pete959

best semi auto/auto turntable?

Looking at buying a new turntable(if I don't refurbish one of my old ones see other post) but want auto return. just wondering if anyone has an opinion on the best ones out there? preferable with external outputs apposed to built in cables. Thanks, Pete
  7. Pete959

what turntable is better pioneer pl-2 , pl-4 or technics BD20D

HI, thinking of getting one of my dads old turntables refurbished as although I know it will be inferior sound to my rega pl-3 but they all have auto return which is a lot more convenient for me and cheaper then buying a new one. I know the pl-4 is direct drive and the pl-2 is belt drive along...
Back
Top Bottom