Search results

1. SomeGeoffGuy

East Side Metro Detroit Tube Tester?

Looking to test out a bunch of vintage tubes. Anyone know of one? Would like one that measures, but will settle for a good/bad tester. Thank you. -Geoff
  2. SomeGeoffGuy

My First Barn Find

Well, church find. Or actually, retired builder who remodeled the church find. Or specifically, retired builder who remodeled the church, bought the gear from the priest, and let it sit in his basement for twenty years until posting it on Craigslist find. So I pulled up Craigslist around 2 pm...
  3. SomeGeoffGuy

Rel HT/1205 "Home Theater" Sub

I just can't say enough good things about this sub. I bought it shortly after it's release, initially just for the home theater side of my system. Rel's website had it on sale for $599 (it lists for this once or twice a year, regular $699), and I paid another $100 for their wireless system which...
  4. SomeGeoffGuy

Building Tower Speakers Into Walls?

A friend of mine is building a home theater room above his garage, and wants to build his three main front channel speakers (two towers and a center) into the front wall so that the speakers all sit flush with the screen. I am not talking about screwing them into the wall, just building an...
  5. SomeGeoffGuy

Need R900 Selector Knobs

I need two of the rectangular knobs that point to input and record out. Anyone have any suggestions for cheap replacements? I lost them some time during the haze of the late 80's/early 90's.Stupid set screws always came loose. Thank you. -Geoff
  6. SomeGeoffGuy

Anyone going to Axpona next month?

I have one day - Friday - going to try to hit all the high points. -Geoff
  7. SomeGeoffGuy

Vintage R900 Shuts Down When Hot

So I fixed the volume pot that was giving me all the trouble and de-oxy'ed all the front panel switches. When I turn it off and back on it has the standard 3 second or so delay then it clicks on - so far so good! I listened to it for about an hour today, and then it suddenly clicked off. I could...
  8. SomeGeoffGuy

Yamaha R900 Volume Pot Options?

So I have owned my R900 since the mid-80's. It has served me generally well (although it died once in the 90's and I had to have it fixed). I was hoping to get a few more years out of it, then just last week, one of the channels went out. I pulled it open and started poking around. What I found...
  9. SomeGeoffGuy

Midwest Audio Fest?

Anyone ever been? I got a notice from being on the Parts Express mailing list. It is July 14th just south of Dayton Ohio. -Geoff
  10. SomeGeoffGuy

New Guy from Metro Detroit

Hi, my name is Geoff, new to the site. I am approaching 50 years old and realized recently how much I missed messing around with Audio. I busted all my old stuff out of the basement, and realized it needed a lot of work. The great thing is that the stuff I liked in the 80's is still the stuff I...
Back
Top Bottom