Search results

1. C

Pioneer SA-6500ii Interesting issue

Hi All! I’ve been working on the amp for the past few days after picking it up as a repair unit. The power switch was broken and I don’t currently have a replacement, so I have temporarily jumpered across it to get it powered up. Initially there was an issue with the signal being distorted on...
  2. C

Pioneer SX-580 FM tuner outputting no audio - most of the time...

Hi Everyone. Hope your holiday plans are coming together nicely. I've got an issue with no sound on FM, almost all of the time. Sometimes, for a few seconds (max about 10), it works. Good audio, stereo light, meter movement. But then, it stops completely. No audio, no meter deflection, no stereo...
  3. C

Pioneer SA-8100 Power Supply Board Removal Suggestions

Hi. I recently picked up an SA-8100 listed as 'for parts'. It was pretty dirty and missing its volume pot, but looked like it deserved a second life. So, I've started the restoration process. I replaced the volume pot with a standard dual linear taper with loudness tap for the time being, since...
  4. C

Realistic STA-960 (same as STA-95)

I've been working on restoring a beautiful STA-960 receiver for the past while and have managed to get everything working on it (it was a parts/repair unit) except the FM tuner. While all the tuner functions work (stereo light, muting, meters), there remains a major problem with the tuning...
  5. C

Realistic STA-78 hum issue help

Thanks to djwhy60 for the manuals - extremely helpful! I'm just finishing up a restoration and having the documentation meant everything went much faster and easier. It is working almost perfectly and sounds great. However, there is a small hum issue that seems a little unusual to me. I think...
  6. C

Lafayette LR-1500TA Restoration

Hi All. First post, looking for some advice! I've been working on bringing back to life a Lafayette LR1500TA Receiver and it's been going well. However, I'm having some issues with the FM tuner (and maybe the AM as well). As I tune across the band, the signal meter shows good deflection for FM...
  7. C

Old guy from Southern Ontario

Hi. I've been a member for a while now and have found the information and the help provided on the site amazing. It's been great to see very knowledgeable and helpful people here willing to spend time to help others. For the last couple of years I've been fixing equipment as a hobby and hope to...
Back
Top Bottom