Search results

1. Jopalok

Technics SL1300 vs. SL5200

I’m aware of that but I was more interested in how they compared sound/use wise. Thanks for the reply.
  2. Jopalok

Technics SL1300 vs. SL5200

I’m rebuilding both turntables and was wondering how they might compare. The SL1300 is a mk1. Thanks.
  3. Jopalok

Favorite vintage stereo phono cartridge

Got it for free. Lots of life still in it. Love it!!!
  4. Jopalok

most desirable vintage bookshelf speakers

ADS!!! L300 (a L310AW is pictured) Or L400 Or L7e Or L780II From very small to almost too big for a bookshelf speaker. If I had to pick one though, it’s the L400. Truly amazing for its size.
  5. Jopalok

What can I do with these blown Braun tweeters?

Doh!!! I can’t believe I missed that!!!
  6. Jopalok

What can I do with these blown Braun tweeters?

You can try contacting Richard So. He repairs ADS components and considering how similar Braun/ADS are, perhaps he can fix them. Look him up, his information is on here and a search should come up with his information.
  7. Jopalok

Wall of Kef or "Let's gather together for a family picture"

Nice! What models?
  8. Jopalok

ADS L Series 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker Comparision

:) Weird, my L7e are not flat at all compared to the L400. To be honest I’m not sure which I like better. Whichever pair I’m listening to at the time is my favorite.:) How did you modify you L400?
  9. Jopalok

ADS L Series 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker Comparision

My small late model L400 are remarkable. They are totally satisfying on their own but when paired with a sub, WOW! Better than my mid model L400, which are fantastic! Then I also have a set of L7e. They make me melt into my seat and never want to get up. A truly great little speaker.
  10. Jopalok

Ditch the Pro-Ject anti-skate?

I understand what anti-skate is and why it’s needed. The person I was referring to said this was a common practice on Pro-Ject turntables. I never heard of the practice of ditching the anti-skate for them, nor am I interested in doing so. I was wondering if anyone else heard of doing so...
  11. Jopalok

I don’t want to ditch, but he was saying this was a common practice with Pro-Ject turntables. I’ve never heard that it was.
  12. Jopalok

Someone suggested not using the anti-skate weight on a Pro-Ject Debut III and just running it as is. He argued that with certain cartridges the anti-skate weight is not needed and might actually cause wear on the records if used. I’ve never heard of this suggestion. Does anyone have any...
  13. Jopalok

Simple 2 Channel Vintage System

Very nice.
  14. Jopalok

MB Quart owners - Raise your hands!!

I have not heard those models first hand, but I believe those are German made with high quality components and cabinets. If they are in good shape, I would grab those as fast as I could. I bet they sound great!
  15. Jopalok

MB Quart owners - Raise your hands!!

I had a set of Quart 2. I totally loved them too. I would still have them if I hadn’t stumbled on a set of a/d/s L7e that worked out just a bit better for my room. I had a tweeter replaced under warranty back in the early 90’s. They were very well built. I wish I still had them. I just love...
  16. Jopalok

My hodgepodge

My system 2 really is great. I have hooked up my MB Quart sub to it once and wow it was awesome. I’m going to shuffle things around soon. I’ll post any changes.
  17. Jopalok

Budget Vintage HiFi setup

Cool system!
  18. Jopalok

My hodgepodge

Thanks it actually is. I’m proud of it.
  19. Jopalok

My hodgepodge

I enjoy listening to them all. While far from perfect, they each have their pros and cons, but considering I either payed very little for some parts and got the rest for free, I cannot complain. System one: •Mac 1700 receiver (1968/69 vintage) •Adcom GCD 575 CD player •Pro-Ject Debut III...
Back
Top Bottom