Search results

1. T

Polk Monitor series driver interchangeability

I have a set of Monitor 5's, one of them took a bump and the magnet shifted on the driver and now it's frozen. I'd like to find a suitable replacement, and I would prefer to find something local rather than ship something and risk that shifting in transit. Now, I found a set of 11t towers...
  2. T

Using AVR as power amp, speaker ??

Since this relates to a HT avr I'll post here... On Sat. I'm going to pick up a Marantz 2230 to use for vinyl & streaming, currently I'm using a Yamaha rx-v2090 avr hooked up for 2.1. I'm sure the Marantz's 30w is plenty, but I like the idea of hooking it up to the 2090 and using that as the...
  3. T

Marantz 2230/1060 prices

I missed a nice looking 2230 on CL by a day :( Looked to be in fine shape, and a knowledgable seller. Only issue seemed to be a couple crackly pots. The seller was asking $230, which I would have happily paid. Anyways that got the bug in my ear. I have a few bits of gear I should be able to...
  4. T

Sony PS-Xx people what say you

Brought home a PS-X6 today. It's in great shape, very clean. Feet are in good shape. Sounds great too! It's got a couple gremlins though. In manual.mode - Hit 'start', platter spins and the cueing lever moves up and down but doesn't drop the arm In 30(12") mode - Hit 'start', platter spins...
  5. T

Pioneer PL-9 pricing

I recently saw a nicely serviced and tested unit go for ~$300 plus shipping on eBay. That's out of my price range for the time being. I'm having a hard time guaging what I might expect to pay for even just a decent working example as they are a bit of a rare bird, I want to be ready if/when...
  6. T

Is my cartridge 'high compliance'?

Hey folks. The Pioneer TT I picked up off CL finally bit it, so I'm in the market for a new (used) one. The pioneer had an Empire 400TC cartridge installed, which my googling tells me is a pretty nice cart so I'd like to be able to use it on my next TT. I really like the looks of the Pioneer...
  7. T

Newb question, 3ohm center channel

I ditched my HTIB setup for a superior 2.1. It works great for music which is it's primary function but I do like being able to use it for TV and movies as well and at lower volumes the dialogue can be hard to hear. As a stop-gap until I can find a suitable speaker I hooked up the center channel...
  8. T

Newb question, 3ohm center channel

I ditched my HTIB setup for a superior 2.1. It works great for music which is it's primary function but I do like being able to use it for TV and movies as well and at lower volumes the dialogue can be hard to hear. As a stop-gap until I can find a suitable speaker I hooked up the center channel...
  9. T

Best (worst?) of both worlds / HT and phono

Hey folks, first time posting here so if it's the wrong section apologies. So currently all audio duties are being handled by a Panasonic all-in-one bluray/reciever/5.1 speaker package (HTiB I believe is the proper taxonomy), which is decidedly 'meh' in both features and sound quality and is...
Back
Top Bottom