Search results

1. debianlinux

Record is cut backwards?

Jack White has been known to do backwards tracks and grooves that play from inside to outside, also grooves cut under the label.
  2. debianlinux

Dust cover or not

Cover stays down unless changing records. Had no idea there could be an effect on the sound. Mine is hinged and it seems reasonable put it down rather than leave it propped up. I feel much safer around the turntable playing with the cover down.
  3. debianlinux

Pro-ject Debut Carbon SB vs Vintage

Yes! Have no idea how to quote on mobile but I mean to get a new stylus and a new cartridge. You won’t regret having a backup, a comparison, and an alternative for certain records.
  4. debianlinux

Ultrasonic cleaner for the masses they say...

Are you just using straight distilled water in the tub or are you cool with leaving detergent residue on your records?
  5. debianlinux

Ultrasonic cleaner for the masses they say...

Funny thing about UCs is that you still need to vacuum afterwards.
  6. debianlinux

Anybody out for Record Store Day?

Nice. Never did see that Smithereens album.
  7. debianlinux

Walking Gingerly Around My New Sansui FR-3060, Help

I know nothing about your current table but if all other things are the same I'd anticipate that the new table doesn't have the suspension/damping the old one did.
  8. debianlinux

Anybody out for Record Store Day?

I made up for all of ya'll, then. I haven't had a chance to do rSD since 2009 and I made up for lost time. It was magical and awesome and I can't wait to do it again next year. I know I talked to one of you at Underdog in Winston; you gave it away when you said you had seen the thread about the...
  9. debianlinux

VTF scale tale

Yes, most likely. It should perform the same function if a weight were placed on the scale. The function essentially tells the readout to display zero for the current signal coming from the sensor.
  10. debianlinux

VTF scale tale

LOL. Let me rewrite that to say that if the scale starts out bouncing around and you press tare and it holds a solid zero then this good and normal operation. As for OP, where bringing objects closer to the scale causes ever increasing readouts this can be explained by magnetic interference or...
  11. debianlinux

VTF scale tale

Totally depends on the how the circuitry is designed in the scale. If taring fixes a fluctuating zero then there's likely a comparator circuit that outputs a variable signal proportional to the difference in voltages between an internal reference voltage and the variable voltage registered by...
  12. debianlinux

VTF scale tale

What's the typical margin of error on the counterweights? I've always just zeroed that thing and then trusted it to be close enough for government work. I've also been curious if I could get away with a precision scale not purpose made. The tone arm angle would be significantly higher and I...
  13. debianlinux

North Carolina anyone?

I work in Greensboro so I'll have to check Hippo out.
  14. debianlinux

Thrift Store Records that NOBODY wants

Another laugh this morning. One of the covers was for Styx' Pieces of Eight (another oft seen band in the thrift store). The cover was in perfect shape so I thought the vinyl may be too. Unfortunately inside the sleeve was Captain and Tenille, lol.
  15. debianlinux

I have recently been cataloging my collection on Discogs. I have a stack of records I inherited from a long past father in law that I had previously culled because my storage boxes were full and these were left loose. After reading this thread yesterday I decided to look through these records...
  16. debianlinux

Can't believe I haven't seen Saturday Night Fever soundtrack or KC and the Sunshine Band mentioned in this thread.
  17. debianlinux

North Carolina anyone?

Anybody going to be at Earshot or Underdog in Winston next weekend for RSD?
  18. debianlinux

Seeking Technics SL-1900 Compatible Arm Lift

I recently acquired a Technics SL-1900 and have been getting it back into good operation. The tonearm elevator (the plastic bit with a rubber strip that physically lifts the tonearm) is broken and I'd like to procure a replacement part. I've already shot $10 bucks on one that was a spitting...
Back
Top Bottom