Search results

1. D

Cool American military planes.

Yes sir, REAL adventurous Americans. Giants in the field. Another story, bear with me. I signed up for a Leo class namd STABO, practical application in Law Enforcement. The class was sponsored by BIA, their marijuana Eradication team was station her at that time.91. So,e classroom time on...
  2. D

A awesome bird. We have an old crop duster here in town who owns two Russian Yaks, and a real deal Mig 17. I've not seen the 17, however in 1988 I was ting flying lessons, flying a 180 with a hyd prop. Was at TuleLake Airport,running mag checks end of the runway, when Yancy fly over me and...
  3. D

Awesome pic. I just had a interesting contact with our old neighbors son. He's a LTCol, here, and is headed to DC, to apparently NG headquarters, ' I didn't realize active and reserve/guard commands were separate. Anyway in the next four or five years, Kingsley Field will continue to be the...
  4. D

Wow, Reno!. I've seen the f-5s at Reno int, assumed out of NAS Fallon. I will get a room up high in the nugget, on the west side just to watch the rail switching yard, and the tactical C-130s. A active reserve 130 wing at the Airport. Spend a great deal of time doing short take off and...
  5. D

What a week, loading up headed to LakeviewOregon for my grandsons seventh birthday, as I'm loading my truck, when I hear three AC rotating, two sounded wrong, not F-15s. As I watch I see a F-5 camo painted, another F-5 in Russian Camo , and catching em quick an Eagle. Weird days? I have to...
  6. D

Fu n, after I exited the navy, I went to work at Mc Clullan AFB, Sacramento Ca, on the A10 line. What a bird!. One day I got sent to the F-4 line, told em I quit. One dam bolt weighted like fifteen sounds, took two men and a boy to put in place. When they realized I was serious, I got...
  7. D

Was trying to determine which CAG, this Corps wings from. My recollection was most A-4s, were gone by 1976/77. VA-122 Lemoore Ca, the only other place I recall em was a few at Cubi Point, parked next to Drifty Fifty, " VRC-50" . My days at Yuma Az and Fallon Nv,,,,, for work ups, is long in...
  8. D

Tha Thank you for the overview, was an
  9. D

Had a fun thing happen this afternoon. Was driving home from the Reno VA hospital, n/b on 395, adjacent of Sierra Army Depot. I just happened to glance up and left just in time to see Two F-5 Tigers, pop of the Sierra Nevada's, and drop to the valley floor, between Sierra depot and the...
  10. D

No love for Magnepan MG II ?

I've had a set of those Maggie's several years now, I find them to be warm and the tones exceptional. I push em with either a Scott299c, " very warm',,,,,,,,then a Berning Z 270 amp, and a TF-10 pre. Very snappy, very lively. Prefer the warm 299C blend, for my jazz and classical days, and the...
  11. D

Just received notice that Bob Crites has passed

Is their any doubt that a kick ass audio club exists where Bob's headed?. See you in Valhalla brother!. Dirk
  12. D

AK Retiree Club

Bobby, amen!. I've also excelled at retirement. Got a house and a garage full of vintage 60/70's motorcycles to rebuild. A house full of wonderful classic stereo gear, needs love, I'll get to it some day. My friends laugh at my Wall of Speakers. We're all old deadheads from the Bay Area, grew...
  13. D

The Vintage High End Separates Thread

Morning, I'm running a few different units. My favorite is a Scott 299c. My other living room units a David Berning 270 ampwith a David Berning TF12 pre My other units a Quicksilver. And my bedroom units a HK Citation IIIx thru it's brother pre amd matching tuner. The 299c, is down needs a...
  14. D

Got a 2505 and a 112 or 113, I don't think much of either. The neighbors using em next door, retired eltronics professor at the local College, OIT. Are the 2505 and the 112/3 high end?
  15. D

Friends would a Pilot model 690 be proper here, or how about a LEAK Stereo,20? Pilots up,running, the Leak finally made it here six months ago,nice,shape, but needs loved. Dirk
  16. D

What Would You Do - Honestly?

Agree, priceless ! Not another one like it anywhere on the entire planet!. Cherish it, the memories! Dirk
  17. D

Love it, use to go to Fernley Nv, fighter town USA, Top Gun's their has been for I'm guessing twenty years. I'll ride up high, if their training I'll lay on the sand and just watch. I love airplanes. I live in Klamath Falls Oregon. The last Air Force F-15 training rag in the country. They fly...
  18. D

An old ship,mate of mine, Mark Swisher was the project manager on the F-22 program. We were stationed at ROTA Spain together, in the early 80s. Mark was heavily involved in restoring the old Navy A-3 Sky Warriors,in Texas. Mark and an unknown Master chief, were killed in a car crash, about a...
  19. D

AK Retiree Club

Well, it's been interesting. I'll share this. If anybody ever sees me working ever again, you know foul play occurred. I won't go willingly. I,was,born to play. At 64 I'm the biggest kid I know. Dirk
  20. D

AK Retiree Club

Retired in 2010 from 25 years law enforcement, never looked back. think thats 11 years now. Just turned 64! I may or may not do anything all day, when I go to sleep Im exhausted. Wifes retired now after 35 years public education. My crew, fish, shoot, sail, drink, drink a bit more. Travel...
  21. D

The viggies a-5, my first Wes PAC, on the Coral Sea 1976, we had a couple Viggies on board. Cool old airplanes. I also got to crew an old super Connie, from Rota Spain to the Azores, in 1980. This was the early ewac version. Still hold my A&P license. DW
  22. D

That's a torpedo bomber, friends down in TuleLake Ca, crop dust for a living, they have the torpedo plane have for30 years I've been around. They race it at the Reno Air Races, The Macy's are a flying family. The second birds an old A4, Sky warrior. The sports car ot their time. The A-10...
  23. D

I love my new Cornwalls

Amazing speakers, for what they are. Got two sets, stacked. Well two different stereos, but one sets like yours the other lies sideways across the tops of that upright units. One sets to a 299C Scott, the others to a David Berning 270 tube amp and a TF-12. The 299s Magic, I'm not stoked with...
  24. D

Looking for a pair of speakers that are fun, dynamic and airy

I'd like to help, but the truth is, I only know about what I own. My likes are not worthy of pretending like I know what I'm talking about. I would say our ears are unique ya gotta hear em to make informed choices. Sometime pleasing you and the wife, is a very difficult challenge. For us...
  25. D

BIG Speakers. Let's see them!!

Livingroom stacked Klipch Cornwalls. Kitchen stacked Warfdale 90s, with Warfdale 70 on top. Bedroom, Speaker Lab,Cornerhorns, all Klipsh inner components. . Bedroom Klipsch, forgotten the names got a V made of wood, in the center of the speakers. Bedroom, DQ-10s, I change out with...
Back
Top Bottom