Search results

1. D

Leak 20 tune stereo

Got word that my Leak20 stereo gear arrived on my doorsteps this evening. We're out of town for another week so this is killing me. My wife's cousin promised me this gear last summer while we were all crabbing on the Oregon coast. They wrapped up their trip and Bill got it mailed out to me...
  2. D

Dynaco Mono Blocks MKIII

so I had a great past few days. Up the Oregon coast, where I purchased a set of La Scalas, in lite Oak. Then down the coast where I picked up a set of Dynaco MKIII mono blocks, in very good condition, a Pat IV pre amp " Dynaco" and a set of Dynaco A-50speakers. Spent a few days crabbing in...
  3. D

Stromberg Carlson stereo 24

eat my 299d, Scott last week. Replaced it with a Stromberg Carlson I purchased last year. I had originally tried the SC with a set of Vandersteens, not good, then a set of Delquist 20s, just not enough clean power. Went back to a Quicksilver unit, in the back room, sounds ok. Anyway, I...
  4. D

Bernini TF-10 tune pre amp

So I recently got my amp and pre back from David, after he worked on them. As I,was hooking up the pre amp, I heard what sounded like a part flopping around inside the pre amp. Pulled the cover and found a tannish 1/2 circular piece , which appears to have snapped off at the fuse holders...
  5. D

Middle Eastern Music

sounds wierd, but I really enjoy middle eastern music, fantastic artists. My problem is I've no idea where to source that music" think Black Hawk Down" kinda music. Anybody here can point me in the right direction. Than you in advance. Dirk Williams
  6. D

Conrad Johnson SS Sonographe amp

i picked one of these units in Reno Nv, yesterday, 600.00, Show room condition. I need to discover the best pre amp to add to this unit. All my stereos except for my silver face receivers are tube units. Decided I needed a decent SS amp with some Horse Power, to drive some of my speakers...
  7. D

Suggestions for a Yamaha TF-800 cart

it's got a decent cart now, wanting to hit a home run. Which cart for the Yamaha 800 Dirk
  8. D

Thoughts on packing in styrofoam.

about a month ago I sent my David Berning gear back to David for work needing done. I'd never spoken with David, and was very impressed. And. I learned something regarding shipping. David asked that I not ship my amp and my pre amp in styrofoam. I was confused, until David explained that...
  9. D

New " to me" HH Scott 299D and the HH Scott 350 wideband tuner

received my 1961, 299D this past Friday. My friend had gone then it, putting new tubes, good tube in place. I had the Scott 350 tube tuner here. Got the system together, added a Yamaha 800 TT, very nice CD player and a Cassette deck player. Running the system thru a set of Cornwalls, my my...
  10. D

JBL-L220 speakersDirk Williams

sorry to keep asking questions, but everything I've researched has been well" fuzzy" regarding these speakers. I've sourced a very clean set locally. As stated my research is seeming to quote from folks whom didn't actually own a set of the L220', rather heard a set in the past. The asking...
  11. D

Advent speakers

Wondering if I should purchase a set of Advent Pro 4A speakers. Very very clean, I'm just not informed on the advent lime, and thoughts would help. Thank you all. Sirk
  12. D

Stromberg Carlsen stereo 24

so I sent off my Berning 270 amp and Berning TF-10 for repairs. I'm replacing the set up with the "Stereo24" temporarily, and would like some advice. I've got Klipshe Cornwalls currently available " in place". However I recently purchased a set of Delquist 20s, and a set of Vandersteens...
  13. D

David Berning amp or pre amp problem

gents, as stated I'm fairly new to this world. I've got a problem, I think I know the fix, but wanted input. I'm running a Berning zh270 tube amp " high voltage" and a Berning TF-10 tube pre amp. I've noticed one of the channels becoming louder and louder, until I experienced a very loud...
  14. D

Sailboat Racing.

belong to a little yacht club here in town, we beer can race in the summer on WED, nights. It's a ton of fun. Recently traded my Santana 20 " Tuna" for the bigger Santana525, their older boats with a huge race following. The 525 is literally a exact copy of the 20. Last wed, I hit a rock...
  15. D

SNELL Accustic A/II speakers input

so I've sourced a set of Snell A/II speakers in really great condition. And a fella who sold a set of Delquist 20s out from under me, has another set on the market. I know nothing about the Snells, but for some reason they fascinate me. Anybody here have experience with the Snells, are they...
  16. D

Nakamichi 1000 ll

well I just got played. I purchased what I thought was a Dragon last Tuesday. Turns out it's a 1000 II . I'm a bit embarrassed but thought I should seek assistance on how I should respond. What do I have? Is it worth the money I paid, or did I get hosed. How does the 1000 compare with...
  17. D

Denon DRM 800

Was down in Reno for theCharlie Daniels show, last night. While their I dropped off some kit I'd purchased early on, o a Realistic 1000, a couple Kenwood receivers, stuff, I'm not interested in. While at my friend's place, he put a Denon DRM800 cassette deck in my SUVs rear area, and a Heath...
  18. D

Mac 2505 SS amp

so I've committed to purchasing the above Mac amp, next Monday in Portland. The gentleman has a Mac pre amp, and I think,it's the C26 pre amp. I'm paying 1200.00 for the mc2505 and wondering what is a reasonable price on the c-26. Was initially only going to purchase the amp, but if the pre...
  19. D

Any notable fisher speakers?

was roaming a shop yesterday and literally kicked the base of a set of speakers. The base on them was a molded base, much like an old clock. They looked well built, and externally appeared to be in decent shape. Not knowing anything about Fisher " except for a couple pieces of kit". Did...
  20. D

Yamaha 800/1000s

im thinking I like these. Anybody running one or had one. Have my eye on one in NorCal, aroumd 500.00. Is this Yamaha considered a great TT, and are they worth the money. The units an 800, the covers cracked. I'd appriciate input on do's/ dont's good/bad. Thank,you in advance. Dirk
  21. D

Stromberg Carlson stereo 24 1961 vintage

Wifes out of town, and I just discovered a Stromberg Carlson Stereo 24 1961 Tune amp in fantastic shape. Been gone thru, everything's gtg. Does anybody know about these units. This unit is stunning. 400.00 with an extra set of tunes and other misc parts,pieces. I spent 6k last week on a...
  22. D

our bio

greetings, new to the site, and loving it. I guess we're supposed to do an intro. Here my boring story. Was born and raised in Roseville/Rocklin,Calif. spent most of my time at our cabin on Donner Summit, off of interstate I-80. Back then we could ride our Dirt Bikes up and down the...
  23. D

David Berning Stereo kit questions

No idea if I'm in the right place, think so. Anyway, I'm new!!!, I've been buying stereo gear for the past year, like the Drunk sailor, I use to be. I'm trying to put it all together, for the best possible outcome. Right now I. Running a quicksilver integrated tube amp, Pushing four...
Back
Top Bottom