Search results

1. thunderroad

Low-power vintage gear.

I know that pretty much everyone here would love to own a nice assortment of the totl vintage receivers & integrated amps from folks like Pioneer, Marantz, Sansui, etc. But, I thought I would start this thread, to share my love of my low-powered vintage gear & How musical it is! I am not really...
  2. thunderroad

Schiit Mani phono stage.

I am considering purchasing a standalone MM/MC phono stage to add a second MC capable phono input to my McIntosh C34V pre-amp. I have read many many universally positive reviews & seen a lot of positive postings & videos about it. But, it appears that all of these reviews concerning the use &...
  3. thunderroad

McIntosh 60th Anniversary Reissue?!

Yesterday my wife and I visited a high-end audio dealer in Mountain View to take a look and listen at some standalone MC/MM phono stages. I don't normally visit audio shops very much anymore, so it was a lot like a kid in the candy store. To make a long story short, this dealer was a McIntosh...
  4. thunderroad

MC Cartridge into Mc C34V suggestions?

I am currently using a Mc C34V and 7270 in my main system. My vinyl source is a Linn LP-12, w/ a Denon arm, and a Benz Micro Gold MC Cartridge. I inherited the Benz when I bought the turntable and at the present time I am running the Benz straight into the C34V's MM phono stage. It isn't a happy...
  5. thunderroad

Hello from the San Francisco Bay Area

Hello All, I’m a newbie that just recently discovered AK, lurked a bit, and read a lot of the postings in the various topic areas. This is the first time I have ever spent any time on any Internet forums, but I found that the folks here seem to share my interests in audio and are a genuinely...
Back
Top Bottom