Search results

1. M

Subwoofer-compatible amps under $500 USD?

Not sure if you have experience with NAD, but do you know how the 501 would stack up against the C326BEE? I think I've narrowed it down to these 2.
  2. M

Subwoofer-amp incompatibility

Not at all, I got the sub open-box from Best Buy, so they'll take it back if it's defective within 14 days I think... whatever the time frame is I know I'm still within it since I just got it last week.
  3. M

Yes I've tried different RCA cables as well. Although it is a little upsetting it isn't the worst thing in the world, now I have an excuse to just get a sub with speaker-level connectors. But man, I really liked that Klipsch gold cone.
  4. M

Followed those steps, the sub remained quiet as a mouse. Guessing it's defective?
  5. M

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "Rec Out." My Onkyo 9010 has line out RCA connections, and when I plug those into the sub I get no sound, if that's the same thing.
  6. M

Looking for a Sansui Amp for around $200 - $400

I recently listened to my buddy's Sansui and was blown away by how great it sounded with some pretty average speakers. I'm thinking about looking for my own and was wondering what would be the best bang for my buck. I've been searching ebay but Sansui's can range pretty greatly. Ideally I'm...
  7. M

That's interesting... Well I got it open box from Best Buy last week, but of course already threw away the box because I'm not very smart. Maybe I'll get in touch with them to see if there's anything they can do. By the way, I'm going to be in Huntsville next week for work! Haha just thought...
  8. M

Not at all, but judging from some comparisons the 501 is a much better bang for your buck than the 301. Also I'm not sure how comfortable I'd feel jumping from the Onkyo 9010 to the AS301, most people prefer the former when comparing the two from what I could find.
  9. M

I tried the speaker-to-line-level converter. I just ordered another one hoping that the one I got was defective (fingers crossed). I'd love to get a Yammy AS501 but those are just a bit out of my range. For now I'll wait for the new converter to arrive and see if that does the trick.
  10. M

I ordered a new speaker-to-line level converter, I'm hoping maybe the one I had was no good. The Onkyo 9010 does have line out outputs but as mikey mentioned they are fixed level and produce no sound when plugged straight into the sub's RCA inputs. I wired the line level converter to each right...
  11. M

I just bought a whole new system - an Onkyo 9010 amp, KEF Q100 speakers and a Klipsch R-12SW sub. However, come to find out the Onkyo and the sub are completely incompatible. The amp does not have a dedicated subwoofer output or pre-outputs. I had read that you could still use a sub with these...
  12. M

Just realized I forgot to mention what sub it is - it's a Klipsch R-12SW and no, it does not have speaker level inputs, only line-in inputs. https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-R-12SW-Subwoofer/dp/B00MJ1YR8Y/
  13. M

I recently bought an entirely new entry-level setup, which includes KEF Q100's driven by an Onkyo 9010 amp. I'm trying add a subwoofer. The Onkyo does not have a subwoofer output or pre-output. I tried using this speaker level to line level converter... didn't work. Is there any way I'll be able...
  14. M

Best value amp to drive 91dB/W speakers?

I think I am going to pay the extra $100 difference to the retailer and go with the Marantz 6006. After tons of scrounging the Internet it seems that both the 6006 and the 326BEE are highly regarded amps and the Marantz just seems like a safer choice to me as I've heard a Marantz amp before and...
  15. M

Agreed, the speakers will also be upgraded soon.
  16. M

Hi all, I've been on the hunt for the best amp around $300 - $500 to drive my older Pioneer CS-G204 speakers. They are 6 ohm impedance and sensitivity is 91 dB/W. I currently have an order in for a refurbished NAD 326BEE but I'm having second thoughts now and thinking about canceling/returning...
  17. M

Pioneer VSX-5600 or SX-636?

Hey all, So I'm in the market for a new receiver (maybe), I currently own an old Pioneer VSX-5600 but it's not in great shape. I'm not that knowledgeable in any of the under-the-hood stuff but basically the knobs produce static and there's a short somewhere because I only get sound through my...
Back
Top Bottom