Search results

1. L

RSC Santa Maria speakers

Got those speakers and they are not fine. I guess I'm back to my comment about about sending money to random people on the internet. These if you shake them sound like rattles, so something has died inside. I have pulled out my speakers and they have the following markings on the back: DW13 and...
  2. L

RSC Santa Maria speakers

These are what I bought, BTW. For $25 they were a sweet deal and hopefully, they are all fine.
  3. L

RSC Santa Maria speakers

One step at a time my friend. I have a low powered receiver, a JVC R-X220 to start with. I'm sure it won't overpower anything and once I get the RSCs working the way I like, then I'll be on the lookout for something to complement them. I've been out of vinyl for 25 years and I'm just looking for...
  4. L

RSC Santa Maria speakers

Thanks for the response. I have been wary of buying 40 year old speakers from random people on the internet, but some of them are cheap enough to take a chance. I'll give it a try and see how it goes.
  5. L

RSC Santa Maria speakers

I saw that you have restored these several times, and I'm trying to do my first pair. Do you have recommendations for drop in speaker replacement (tweeter and mid)? Or is it more difficult than this and should I do some reading before I wreck these things?
  6. L

RSC Santa Maria speakers

I just picked up a used pair with a bad tweeter on at least one side. Is there a recommended replacement for all tweeters out there? I'm wondering what others have used successfully. The bass sounds great, the midrange I'm not so sure about, but I have to get past the tweeter before I can judge...
Back
Top Bottom