Search results

1. S

T-488f vs T-4970

Can anyone tell me the difference? Thanks.
  2. S

Kenwood KR-9050 service

I'm looking for an expert to make my KR-9050 new again. I live in the Minneapolis St Paul area. I can ship if necessary. It's in great physical condition and plays well. I'd like someone to go through it and replace capacitors and anything else it needs. I just want it as close to new as...
  3. S

Need help identifying Altec horn driver

Hope I put it back together right.
  4. S

Looks like maybe this is it.
  5. S

The driver is 4 1/2 inches wide, by roughly 3 1/2 inches deep. Anyone know why there isn't the word Lansing in the box under Altec? I've looked at probably 50 drivers on ebay and Google images, all of them say Lansing in the box.
  6. S

Nothing. They were in an estate sale by themselves
  7. S

Closer look.
  8. S

Couldn't really find any identification. Here's some more pictures.
  9. S

Like my last picture? It's the opposite end.
  10. S

What specifically do you want a picture of?
  11. S

I need help identifying these drivers. The only thing that looks weird to me, is the fact that the box under the Altec name is empty.
  12. S

Need help identifying speakers

Thanks for the reply . What are the two red buttons for? I'm guessing they are some type of breakers so the speakers don't blow. They both stick badly. I'm wondering if I can replace them. Also, would it be better to deoxit the pots or replace them?
  13. S

Need help identifying speakers

I bought these, and they have no identification. The seller said they were custom speakers made in Chicago? I got them for cheap, and other then some scratch pots, they seem to work just fine. Anyone have an idea of their history or quality?
  14. S

Van Alstine

I love my amp and preamp as well and they are in excellent shape. What irritates me is that fact that Frank is basically saying these are worthless to everyone he talks to. I may at some point want to sell my setup. I don't think anyone here would argue the fact that the Model 2 amplifier could...
  15. S

Van Alstine

Just heard from the other party. Apparently he was able to talk to Frank. He said the Model 2 was junk and that when it broke he wouldn't be able to find parts for it. I'm going to call B.S. Anyone ever had one that broke? Just looking for first hand accounts.
  16. S

Van Alstine

I live in Woodbury MN and apparently he lives here also. I sent him an email via his website and haven't heard Jack squat. From what I've read on other forums he got screwed over by his business partner/partners when these were being made. He didn't own over 50% of the company and really had no...
  17. S

Van Alstine

I just received a Van Alstine Model one preamplifier and matching model two power amp. They are both in mint condition. I got an offer to trade for a McIntosh 2100? I know nothing about McIntosh equipment. Is $1000 to high for the Van Alstine units? Would this be a good trade?
  18. S

Looking for Sansui SR-929 armrest

I just purchased a Sansui SR-929 and its perfect except for a broken arm rest. Anyone have one, or possibly point me in the right direction? Thanks.
  19. S

CT-7000 Tuner (Japanese)

I have a Yamaha CT-7000 in excellent condition but when I received it I noticed it only went up to 90 something on the tuner. Is it possible to exchange this with a US version? Are the values the same?
  20. S

Sansui Sr-4040

I was thinking of that, but I have no idea how to accomplish that, and what it would cost.
  21. S

Sansui Sr-4040

I've also tried them. I'm pretty sure they made 4 of these and no one wants to part with them. :(
  22. S

Sansui Sr-4040

Thank you for your suggestion. I've tried both places with no luck.
  23. S

Sansui Sr-4040

I have a Sansui SR-4040 and I need one foot and the pieces needed to hold the lid up.
  24. S

Sansui SR-4040 Help

I also have a sr-4040. I'm curious if you have the same feet as I do.
Back
Top Bottom