Search results

1. Velox

Marantz Tech In/Near Sarasota, Fl?

Looking for any info on someone that could look at a Marantz Receiver in the Sarasota, Florida area. Thank you.
  2. Velox

MC7270 Cleaning Up Meters

MC7270 just acquired, has had a hard life, slowly being disassembled, here are a couple of meter photos after repairing the lamp housings glue & tape, new lamps, cleaned blue filters etc. What fun :)
  3. Velox

MX132 Glass... This Will Probably Buff Out

And of course, not shipped in the proper McIntosh shipping cartons :(
  4. Velox

Gyro-Touch Tuning Wheel Bypass Mod

Well this 2325 is on eBay and has a motorized tuning mod :confused:
  5. Velox

Marantz 2385 Survivor

This 2385 has had a rough life and left to the elements for some years in a garage. I've been working on it for some time and finally have had success! Rusted cover/chassis etc, cut cord, choke coils pulled out of their solder joints/traces on the amp board, shorted output transistors, leaking...
  6. Velox

MC7150 + MX112 Finally Alive

MC7150 is a 150WPC amp with autoformers from around 1994 this one bought in poor cosmetic condition and nonworking mainly due to corroded connectors on one of the driver boards and the filter caps had leaked. Finding replacements was difficult at the usual vendors, neither DigiKey or Mouser had...
  7. Velox

MX132 LED Lamp Option

Various McIntosh use the 58-153 twist-base incandescent lamps, such as my MX132. Lamp failure and dim lighting prompted me to look into LED options, but trying to fit bulb leads to the twist-lock lamp base was not rewarding. My solution was to use standard 14V 20mA bi-pin warm-white LEDs, bend...
  8. Velox

MC300 Sounds Great :)

My new (to me) MC300 had been partially relamped and never recapped. It was working when bought but I decided to renew all the lamps with 14v soft-white LEDs and then check all the electrolytics on all the boards. Some were off spec (based on what was installed and on the schematic). All were...
  9. Velox

Marantz 2500 Another One Back in Service

Another follow-up to my prior thread on a 2500 with a dead transformer. This one is a European version 2500 that also had a failed transformer. I obtained another new replacement toroid and eventually got this one back together and working perfectly! Merry Christmas and thanks AK for all the...
  10. Velox

MC 300 Capacitor list

Looking for a list of the electrolytics used in the MC300, the service manual shows some values in the schematics but that's it, although some diodes, ics, and transistors are itemized. Also would anyone know the diameter and height of the filter caps 30,000uf @ 100V ? Thanks for any help.
  11. Velox

Marantz 2325 Relay & Protection Circuit Toast

Investigating why 2325 with no sound no relay click normal DBT test. Relay burned and fused, one of the legs had burned the trace and separated on the board. H806 was in two pieces on the board! H805 tested as "diode" and H807 tested as "resistor." Replaced relay and protection circuit...
  12. Velox

Marantz 2500 Wish Me Luck :)

Bought this hoping to bring it back to life, pretty sure the transformer is toast, but diving in. Really nice faceplate, no bent corners, and chassis in good shape too without significant rust or corrosion. From initial disassembly it is obvious prior efforts were made to dig around the soft...
  13. Velox

MX-118 Power Switch Repair

Maybe this will help someone, just a quick fix. My MX118 power switch had become quite finicky, often taking 3 or 4 tries to get it to turn on (or off) the system. This type of switch is common to a great many of the McIntosh units with the row of button switches across the bottom. The plastic...
  14. Velox

Marantz 19 Faceplate Screw Size

Would anyone know the screw size for the 19 faceplate? They appear to be phillips oval head type, and presumably metric. Thanks for any info :)
  15. Velox

McIntosh Panloc Question

The rearward end of the Panloc brackets (push button type) has the receptacle attached. The receptacle has a slotted end on the inside and double nuts with lockwasher on the outside end. Are the nuts/lockwashers supposed to be tight against the bracket? Or are they supposed to be loose? Mine are...
  16. Velox

Cheap Popcorn

Always loved the 'scope tuners, the popcorn display... decided to try another option rather than a standard o-scope or buying a 2500 or 2130 or MP-4. Some companies used to make audio (stereo) scope monitoring equipment. Tektronix made a 760a unit and I found one cheap on the bay, got rid of all...
  17. Velox

MC302 Pink Floyd

"Run Like Hell' well I just could not resist... :)
  18. Velox

2325 Smoker Knobs

Well I needed a project and got this non-working bad shape 2325 on eBay. Opened the box (which surprisingly was well packed and faceplate arrived without the usual bent corners!) and was immediately dismayed to realize this was previously owned by a heavy smoker, the stench was impressive. I put...
  19. Velox

MAC1900 Tape Push Button Switch

The 1900 lower push button switch assembly (S303, 158-007) includes two 6 pin push button switches for Tape 1 and Tape 2. My Tape 1 is broken and needs replaced. Mac parts, AC etc have no stock. There is a switch assembly on eBay now but it is the upper assembly 150-008 which only has the 3 pin...
  20. Velox

MAC1900 Knob Appearance Question

Did all MAC1900s have black center knobs? This one is serial # 1X429 so an early unit and it does not have the black knobs. If they should be black, is that simply a flat black paint in the center or something else? Thanks for any info.
  21. Velox

2265b Selector Switch Fix

I've seen this 3 or 4 times in the past 10 years and had another one today so thought I'd post what I did for an easy fix. This probably already is common information but I had not read about it before so maybe this will help someone. This applies to the 2265b but works on other similar...
  22. Velox

Marantz 2600 Scope Videos

Have finally finished my 2600 and installed in a new cabinet (thanks Joe Cartwright) and for those interested in Marantz scopes 2130/2500/2600 here are a couple of short videos of my scope finally working :) https://youtu.be/0EtHYWuHsxo https://youtu.be/t1MlTBPocUQ
  23. Velox

Marantz Capacitor and Transformer Labels Thanks AK

This thread http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....500-2600-transformer-and-cap-stickers.693131/ has photos a member created of some Marantz capacitor and transformer labels, just perfect for printing out and attaching when old labels are gone or in bad shape. Thanks AudioKarma!!
  24. Velox

2325 Selector Shaft Fix: Thank You Forum

I am working on a very sad 2325 (see https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/2325-lights-out.890146/ ). One of the tasks is to fix the broken selector switch. It is a 5 wafer 6 position switch with shaft broken off nearly flush. I have been unable to find a similar switch to source the...
  25. Velox

2325 Lights Out :)

I'm pretty sure this will buff out, but...
Back
Top Bottom