Search results

1. koslekt1

New Arnie Nudell speakers possibly next year!

My wife and I were lucky enough to travel through CO on the way to the Grand Canyon and Duncan at PS gave us the full access, rock star treatment and tour while visiting PS. After the tour, we ended up the in the listening room and Duncan hands me the remote and says - have a great time, you...
  2. koslekt1

Any burmester owner/fans here?

I have been a fan for about 4 years after getting a chance to listen for it for several hours in Indianapolis. It took a few years, but I finally have a 877 preamp I bought used. It is ridiculously good. It dropped the background noise to non existent levels, and the dynamics jump out from it...
  3. koslekt1

McIntosh Speaker opinions needed

OK, I am hoping for some opinions. I have a pair of B&W 802 Nautilus speakers. I've had them for about 5 years and enjoy them. I listen to 80% rock/pop/accoustic, 20% jazz/piano/laid back stuff. I like good volume, full sound, and a snare drum that pops. My room is around 16x24. Right not I...
  4. koslekt1

Infinity IRS Gamma/Delta's in Da House!

Something I found very surprising with the Betas is that while the flat panels liked the 220 watts a side from Mc 2205 amps, but they absolutely love 400 when I bridge the amps to mono. They opened way up and just sounded bigger and better. In comparison, the woofer columns seem much less...
  5. koslekt1

Infinity IRS Gamma/Delta's in Da House!

I have the IRS Betas and have hooked them up with and without the active servo box. Without the box, at a fixed 80hz 24db crossover, they sound good. They fill the room, they aren't boomy, and they are musical. With the box, they embarrass every other speaker I have heard that is supposed...
  6. koslekt1

Gamma/Delta amps for mids/upper?

I use a pair of Mc 2205's bridged for the mids and tweets on the Betas. With how effortless the ribbons can reach into the stratoshpere, I found a warmer amp helps add some midrange depth and loses nothing on the top end. Snare drums sound right and Norah Jones floats nicely with this combination.
  7. koslekt1

a few pictures

Tomt, What kind of crossover is that I see back by your IRS speakers?
  8. koslekt1

RS-1B active x-over with 2B's

I have used my x-over from a pair of IRS Betas on other speakers to experiment. This x-over also used control feedback which I couldn't use with the other set of speakers. I thought the x-over sounded great! It helped define the bass and dial it in pretty nicely.
  9. koslekt1

Calling resident IRS experts!

Paul, you are correct, sir - since these first came (safely) to life, I have been barely touching the ground. I have always enjoyed music and usually have it on in the background if I am home, but since these things have arrived, I have become much less productive! Albums that I usually just...
  10. koslekt1

Thanks Paul - I know you said that in 6 months they'll be speakers that I'll love or hate, but as of now I can see why it took something insane like the Pipedreams to move these guys to your bedroom system! The refoams will be done ASAP - probably next week. I have little doubt that they...
  11. koslekt1

THE BETAS HAVE ARRIVED! :banana: The wait from last week til today was a long, long time, but 1pm, a huge UPS Freight truck shows up, and suddenly I have three large boxes proclaiming audio excellence. Thank goodness I have a dolly or else I might have been crushed under the boxes! I wheel...
  12. koslekt1

These have caused grown men to cry into their beverage of choice. I guess as long as I get to choose the beverage it could be worse :D You're pickin up what I'm throwin down. I absolutely don't mind the nuances of positioning and tweeking, but it will just make me cranky if I try...
  13. koslekt1

But look at it this way---if you do get an audio research or whatever amp, they definately have a re-sell value and won't depreciate much. Look at it this way---lets say you have audio research driving them/krell bass amp/audio research amp/MIT cables. The sound you would have would be how much...
  14. koslekt1

You guys rock - I definately appreciate the expertise you bring to the table. I have always been a fan of learning from others. :thmbsp: I have a nice sized room (18x25x8) and have a fair amount of room to move them around, so thats nice. I have a few friends with different gear that will...
  15. koslekt1

I am suprised I haven't been audited yet paying off all the stuff for this damn hobby! Mark, is that the Yamaha MX10000 amp? Do you have one? Talk about :drool: Paul, I appreciate your insights as I know you have had them for quite awhile. I have seen some shots from the Gon...nice :yes: I...
  16. koslekt1

I am looking for some expertise for some classics that I just won off the bay -IRS Betas! They are in excellent condition, all the panels work, the crossovers are fine, the surrounds are great :banana: I have done a fair amount of research into the best way to power them. The original owner...
  17. koslekt1

Where o where are some RS1bs or IRS for sale?

I might be one of the luckiest guys out there as my wife has been complaining for a while now that she wants BIG speakers back in the living room so she can crank it up :banana: I showed her a picture of these and she asked how loud do they go... :yes:
  18. koslekt1

The black is a clean look - I like how it makes the clear drivers look. I wonder how many were made that way or if they were all natural?
  19. koslekt1

Those look AWESOME :yikes: If I can get them to look anything at all like those, and if they sound half as good as that, I will be very very happy :yes:
  20. koslekt1

Subs, Subs & more Subs

I wouldn't overlook the Revel B15 sub. Two of them are ridiculous and they are both musical and impactful enough for movies. I like it better than the JL, which is a little warm sounding.
  21. koslekt1

I am hoping the white (:thumbsdn:) will keep people away. I know it scares me! Chi-town is definately worth the drive to pick up a pair. If I snag them, I'll get them professionally finished so they don't scare people with their looks...just their sound! :yes:
  22. koslekt1

McIntosh XRT18

I have had a chance to hear these and liked them. They have a very nice high end - smooth and laid back, but not mushy or too blended. One thing that I didn't like was the very low stage for the lower frequencies - off a reflective floor it might be ok, but on carpet it was like the male singers...
  23. koslekt1

Hello, I was hoping you could help a fellow enthusiast out and keep your eyes open for a pair of the RS1b or maybe the IRS Betas? I saw a pair of the RS1bs on the Gon but they look a little worse for wear...if you see anything promising, I would much appreciate a heads up! :D Thanks - Terry
  24. koslekt1

If AKfest09 was moved...

I think it's great right where it is! The only thing I can think of that is worthwhile abut Cedar Rapids is a place that sells cinnamon rolls that are the size of your head...on second thought:scratch2:
Back
Top Bottom