Search results

1. Andrew Heck

Help With Cartridge

To the Shure? I'm not sure which way to go with this arm? Probably sound really nice either way.
  2. Andrew Heck

Help With Cartridge

Thanks all. My second option for cartridge is actually a Stanton 680 with a NOS EEES, so I suppose this one is getting moved. Looks like it's time to jack it up, get it on the bench and see if it needs a recap, download the service manual and oil it up and give it a twice over... you know, the...
  3. Andrew Heck

Help With Cartridge

4. Andrew Heck

Help With Cartridge

I just got home with a Micro Seiki DD-33 I found locally. Very excited about the accusation and curious about the cart that rode in with it. I'll post a picture in a minute, but for now, it is metallic gold and cream (maybe it used to be white), with a blue rectangle on the front and MP are...
  5. Andrew Heck

H.H. Scott S-15 Tweeter Swap

Each speaker had four capacitors, two 5uf, a 10uf and a 12uf. The resistors were holding value pretty well. I just popped Daytons in there. Sounds a ton better, now if the cat hadn’t stepped right through one of the woofer cones...oh well, there’s even a repair protocol for that. Hope it...
  6. Andrew Heck

Need To Restore Resistance In Replacement Tweeters?

Right-o. My bad. And yes, I'll scrounge a pic.
  7. Andrew Heck

Need To Restore Resistance In Replacement Tweeters?

My first pieces of kit were a pair of Scott s-15s, bought for $20, 25 years ago from a regular customer while waiting tables. They've awesome cabinets, all paper, and are decent sounding speakers that I have a nostalgic affinity for. That's why, when I upgraded by the grace of an unseen...
  8. Andrew Heck

Judge My Gain Calculations

With this calculator, I get 1.5V from your 0.3mV. With 60dB gain gives me 0.3V , plus 14dB gives me 1.5V, so your math seems correct. Very, very cool. Thanks for taking the time to figure on this for me. I'm trying very hard to start the hard work of making sure my components are working well...
  9. Andrew Heck

Judge My Gain Calculations

I'm running a Denon DL-103 (output of .3mV) into a phono stage with 60dB of gain and I use a preamp with 14dB of gain. My calculations show +/- 1.5V output going to my power amp. Is this correct? The reason I ask is I was initially looking into a DIY buffer pre, but if this is correct, I do...
  10. Andrew Heck

Polk SDA 1B

What would be a good price on a pair of these in very good condition with the interconnect cable. I thank you for your time.
  11. 7BE87AC1-E44F-44CF-91DB-CE30C9EF27CE

7BE87AC1-E44F-44CF-91DB-CE30C9EF27CE

W.H.A.M.M.Y. Headphone amp to which I’ve added multiple inputs and a RCA out in series with 470R resisters for use as a 14dB gain preamp. Also, the Schitt Vali if I want to listen to a hybrid headphone amp.
  12. 83673183-03B9-4993-9D5F-37497C5F32A5

83673183-03B9-4993-9D5F-37497C5F32A5

Phono preamps, one a DIY 60dB gain all discreet amp for LOMC carts, the other the Advent 300 who’s phono stage I borrow passed through the tape out.
  13. 537BB513-276B-44D3-83D0-186E954FB6F8

537BB513-276B-44D3-83D0-186E954FB6F8

Kenwood KP-990 wearing a Stanton 681 cart and NOS 8600EEE-S stylus. The plan since nudging the thing is to add a low mass tonearm for a higher compliance cartridge.
  14. Andrew Heck

Look What Fell Off Of A Truck...

Oh, duh, I got it. Kinda dim from the excitement.
  15. Andrew Heck

Pretty spectacular, imaging, realism and instrument separation are phenomenal, found that in the setup, VTA makes a marked difference, more so than usual. Tell me what you think when you’ve listened, I’m curious. I’ve used a NOS Sure 75 style, Grado with the 8MZ stylus upgrade and neither are...
  16. Andrew Heck

More than three Es. What monster is that?
  17. Andrew Heck

Good for you, the Stanton through an Advent 300 phono stage beats my DL-103 through a serious DIY pre I built. Detail for miles, just keep those records clean, it’s anything but forgiving of worn or bottom of the groove hidden “stuff”.
  18. Andrew Heck

I don’t care what happened in its past, it found me for a while. It’s pretty cool, really.
  19. Andrew Heck

Now we’ll get ya a table to suit this fabled stylus. I think a 10g arm is going to be the most important selling point to look for. A low-mass Thorens would be perfect.
  20. Andrew Heck

Unfortunately this ship has sailed to points unknown, I guess this is about the last of the unicorns.
  21. Andrew Heck

You’re the lucky one, mine was an AT 4003 P-mount on a crappy Technics about 25 years ago. Now I’ve got this and a DL-103 to choose from on a Kenwood KP-990. Working on installing a separate arm for the Stanton, I think a 10g will suit it better, but I’ll find out in a few hours.
  22. Andrew Heck

Seek and ye shall find, see above re: lucky
  23. Andrew Heck

I’d rather be lucky than good, well some times, like now for instance.
  24. Andrew Heck

I’ve the option for the brush, but I’m on the fence.
Back
Top Bottom